PDA

View Full Version : How to keep box from sliding?

bikinpunk
10-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Right now my box isn't carpeted which I believe is the majority of the problem. I'm wondering what I could use to keep the box from moving around in the trunk. Right now I have a board wedged up between that and the end of the trunk. Do those "feet" things work well at all? I don't really want to bolt it down since that would be one more thing I'd have to drill on my box.

bamaboy
10-29-2006, 01:40 PM
velcro?

Crzy
10-29-2006, 01:44 PM
i just made a T shapped peice that holds my box in place in my trunk out of some 3/4 mdf works perfect. just painted it black like my box and you barely even notice it

bonesninja
10-29-2006, 01:46 PM
It really is best to bolt it down....imagine your box becoming a projectile in the event of an accident...

PepsiFiend69
10-29-2006, 01:50 PM
i used industrial velcro when i had an uncarpeted box, sometimes it was hard to get it un-velcro'd from the carpet.

never moved an inch, box was huge as well 6 cubes net with 2 l7's

dvrmstrng
10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah sorry to post dump but i got 10 cubes with an 18" in my jeep...probably 4 inches from the hatch when closed...together it has to weight 150 lbs...anyway that would slide into the hatch?? or is that just too heavy

bikinpunk
10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Yea, I understand that, but it's sealed off by the trunk. Plus, it wouldn't make it through the wall even if it were slung hard enough to break through the seat: the box is too large to fit. I was looking at those rubber feet. I dunno, I might just go ahead and screw it down, I just didn't want to because I would have to unscrew it everytime I take it out, which is a couple times a month.

davidfre21
10-29-2006, 01:53 PM
aside from the industrial velcro

i found the clear plastic spiked matts u put under your computer chairs so they can roll on the carpet work well... assuming your trunk is carpeted.

acold7dusta
the velcro will stick to the carpet? the clear plastics a good idea too, did you glue it to your box or?

dvrmstrng
yeah im in the same boat^^^ its gotta come out sometimes to use the trunk...but i dont want it sliding into the back...mine might be too heavy to be moving around unlesss maybe im flooring it which is stupid

bikinpunk
10-29-2006, 01:55 PM
aside from the industrial velcro

i found the clear plastic spiked matts u put under your computer chairs so they can roll on the carpet work well... assuming your trunk is carpeted.

Seems like a good idea, but how did you secure the mat to the box. Seems like if the two weren't somehow tied together very strong, the box would slide all over the mat?

davidfre21
10-29-2006, 01:59 PM
the velcro will stick to the carpet? the clear plastics a good idea too, did you glue it to your box or?

i used screws and washers, but glueing would work well also im sure :D

lol i frogot to mention how i attatched it

JimJ
10-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I've found the stuff that's sold at Lowe's and Home Depot as toolbox lining, and at kitchen-type places as cabinet lining, works really well underneath boxes to stop them from shifting. Hard to describe it...comes in a bunch of colors, made up of a bunch of cells of sticky rubber/foam...

dvrmstrng
10-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I've found the stuff that's sold at Lowe's and Home Depot as toolbox lining, and at kitchen-type places as cabinet lining, works really well underneath boxes to stop them from shifting. Hard to describe it...comes in a bunch of colors, made up of a bunch of cells of sticky rubber/foam...

i know exactly what your talking about i think i have it in my cabinents at home....any idea how they sell it? (by the foot?)

PepsiFiend69
10-29-2006, 02:10 PM

X2... home depot sells adhesive backed rubbery foam strips that work awesome as well.

iamamp3pimp
10-29-2006, 06:35 PM
i know exactly what your talking about i think i have it in my cabinents at home....any idea how they sell it? (by the foot?)

wal mart sells it by the roll. its in the home section near the pots n stuff.

i recomend carpet, but that stuff above will probably work even better

prochobo
10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
L brackets!

iamamp3pimp
10-30-2006, 11:07 AM
screwing into the box FTL

prochobo
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM

LOL. You don't screw into the box. You just screw the bracket down on the floor and leave it. Use 1-2 per side and the box isn't going anywhere.

ramos
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
L brackets!

X2

I don't usually use screws , I tend to use bolts. Better safe than sorry. But I haven't built a square enclosure for a vehicle in some time . :)