PDA

View Full Version : sound deadning

mutt_hollon
10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
ok i have a s-10 extended cab... i was thinking about sound deading it....how much with this help if i just want to be loud/ not as into the sq just though it might make it louder....how much will it help and how much would i have to do...just the extended cab part....or just where the port fires....

thanks for any help

kicker06
10-29-2006, 09:58 AM
ok i have a s-10 extended cab... i was thinking about sound deading it....how much with this help if i just want to be loud/ not as into the sq just though it might make it louder....how much will it help and how much would i have to do...just the extended cab part....or just where the port fires....

thanks for any help

It will help the rattles for sure, that's about it. maybe some gain in SPL, but don't expect much.

mutt_hollon
10-29-2006, 10:34 AM
so it's not really worth me spending about 100 bucks if i dont compeat

kicker06
10-29-2006, 10:42 AM
It is definetly worth it.

It deadens down the rattles, a lot.

Fattony911
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I think it makes all the difference, that's if you ahve rtattles, determine the point of your rattle and just apply your deadner. Nothing sounds better than a system without any rattles at all.

dleccord
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
it's more than just competing.

kicker06
10-29-2006, 01:43 PM
so it's not really worth me spending about 100 bucks if i dont compeat

$100 of deadening (pending you don't go with Dynamat) will go A LONG way. Even with Second Skin Damplifier.

PepsiFiend69
10-29-2006, 01:45 PM
deadened vs undeadened for me was like night and day. SQ was WAYY better.

but i also did alot at once, i put about 150sq ft in my trunk (i have a huge trunk) and trunk lid. i have virtually no rattles and couldn't be happier.

mutt_hollon
11-03-2006, 03:33 AM
well mines in a truck so i dont really have any rattle....the only thing i have is roof flex but it dont really rattle...a guy i work with told me it would be twice as loud if i sound deaden the extended cab part. i thought it sounded like bull ****...since i dont really have any rattle.....so what do you guys think

JimJ
11-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Do you care about the midbass response of your front speakers?

If you do, then deadening shouldn't even be a question...if you couldn't care less what they sounded like, skip it...

mutt_hollon
11-03-2006, 05:29 AM
well it's like this.....when i did my system i was a dumb *** and had my friend help me (who i thought knew what he was doing). I told him i want it loud be still keep good Sq...i was a total noob...i did not know a thing about car audio so i got Crossfire Mids, 4x6 and 6.5's....they sound good but i dont have them amped yet but my friend told me to get a 12" L7 sub....i bought one of his old amps a Ma audio and the L7 dont really have the SQ i would like to have and the Crossfires are good but not really Sq, they have a titanum tweater and they just sound harsh.....too high but not a good high so i lost intrest in SQ for now......

i would love to have a really good SQ set up but i dont have the money for it....or know what to buy....

long story short with the L7 and the mids i have i dont think mid bass in the the question.....

PatFitz9
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
deadening my trunk made my sub sound sound louder in the car. it isn't going to make it sound worse, thats for sure. so i say go for it. buy a roll of Raammat. or if one roll of second skin will cover it, then go with that.

mutt_hollon
11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
where can i get raammat at....