PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of MB Quarts?

pikoy
01-01-2003, 08:37 AM
What do you think of MB Quart Speakers ( Components and Midbass )?

Personally i believe they are the best. They produce the cleanest audio with lesser distoritions. do you have any comments?

ftgu
01-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Very clean. Very nice speakers, although a little pricey.
Diamond audio and Crystal Mobilesound are very nice too.

RangerMan
01-01-2003, 10:39 AM
They are great in my opinion. I used to run them, but I just like Infinity more. With Infinity, the price is very reasonable. MB Quart can get on the expensive side, but you are right, MB Quart can be considered one of the best in the business.

Digita187
12-22-2003, 05:10 PM
I aggree, i got infinity speakers and i like them better then the MB Quarts

dflock
12-22-2003, 11:25 PM
What do you think of MB Quart Speakers ( Components and Midbass )?

Personally i believe they are the best. They produce the cleanest audio with lesser distoritions. do you have any comments?

I've always found them to be harsh and shallow sounding, but they are still good speakers, and it always depends on the install. There are many other brands that have better performance per dollar... CDT, Diamond Audio, Dynaudio...

Unreal
12-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Very bright.

For the money, CDT, Focal, Dyn, Crystal, Diamond, and several others are better speakers.

If you think MBs are the best, then you've probably never listend to a focal, dyn, or rainbow.

Bavarian3
12-23-2003, 11:34 PM
^^^^ i agree
i dont think Mb Quarts are that great until u get into the higher end of thet their components. which gets really expensive which at that point u could get something better for the money. But components are very opinionated. Many people like different speakers.

Trixter
12-23-2003, 11:38 PM
I have always been an MB man. I have never heard CDTs, Rainbows, Focals so I can't compair. I'd like to though.

houstonvalleyr
12-24-2003, 12:30 AM
I am using 2 sets of mb quart 6 1/2 in. q series in my 2000 accord. i just finished installing the other day. i have had many sets of high end components in the past . i have to say that i have never owned better sound.

dflock
12-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Has good marketing gotten them so popular? German engineering is always a nice touch. They have been around a while too... that probably has given a good footprint in the audio sector.

The comps you can get at the good stereo shops in my area are MBs, Bostons, and JLs... its just the big players with all the bills for marketing and liscensing.

I'd really like to see a shop open up that is carring companies such as CDT, Focal, Dynaudio, Diamond... its hard to make a purchase on those companies when you have no idea what they will sound like. I just took a leap of faith and recieved 6.5" CDT EuroSport components, they are going in kick panels today, can't wait to see how they sound. Supposed to be extremely natural sounding, so i won't be getting the really high treble that MBs can get, but I'll have to see.

Bavarian3
12-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Has good marketing gotten them so popular? German engineering is always a nice touch. They have been around a while too... that probably has given a good footprint in the audio sector.

The comps you can get at the good stereo shops in my area are MBs, Bostons, and JLs... its just the big players with all the bills for marketing and liscensing.

I'd really like to see a shop open up that is carring companies such as CDT, Focal, Dynaudio, Diamond... its hard to make a purchase on those companies when you have no idea what they will sound like. I just took a leap of faith and recieved 6.5" CDT EuroSport components, they are going in kick panels today, can't wait to see how they sound. Supposed to be extremely natural sounding, so i won't be getting the really high treble that MBs can get, but I'll have to see.
REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW

paikiah
12-24-2003, 02:57 PM
TO each his own...

I personally hate metal domes, that's why I'm going with dynaudio comps...

Yup, I've heard a rainbow reference comp, and it did sound beautiful...just not USD6000 beautiful worth. I'd much rather get myself a better car with a quiet cabin.

soundquality
12-24-2003, 08:44 PM
I owned the Premium 6.5's and believe above 130Hz or so they sound great. The lower midbass at moderately higher levels really *****. They have this "terrible thud" on the bass drum beats. I was personally horrified by this.

I bought the Diamond Hex's and all is well now. To me they sound 3 times as good. If guitar strings and voices were all there were in the world MB's would win hands down. Unfortunately for MB's, there is midbass, drums, bass, ect... that has to be reproduced to present a front stage. In this situation, Diamonds beat the snot out of MB's. I could not be happier.

Final score; MB's 7...Diamonds 9.5!

BTW; My Diamonds put my friends Q's to shame.