PDA

View Full Version : Security Code Problem

i3abyjay25
10-28-2006, 07:49 PM
I have a Panasonic Cq-Vad 7001 indash HU and today I pulled it out to clean up some of the wires and to try to make a little more room for the HU. I rewired everything and when I went to plug it back up it powered on and asked for my security code. No problem, so i grab my remote to put it in but my batteries are dead on the remote. I turned the HU off, so that I could get to Wal-Mart to pick up a battery and went back to turn the car on and my HU powers up but now i'm not getting any sort of picture asking for the security code or anything. I tried resetting the HU, Unplugging the wire harness, rechecked all the wires, unpluged my negative terminal on my battery to try and reset it but none of this has worked.... Any Suggestions...... or is this something I have to send off to Panasonic to get them to reset it?????

keifersracing
10-28-2006, 08:01 PM
did you check the fuse for the radio

i3abyjay25
10-28-2006, 08:05 PM
it has power.... the HU lights cuts on, i can eject a cd or put 1 in it....I'm just not gettin a picture now..Its acting like the HU is turned OFF and its not letting me turn it ON... but No i didnt check the fuse....

matrxx dude
10-28-2006, 08:07 PM
hmm,im thinking

keifersracing
10-28-2006, 08:07 PM
sounds like a wire is lose in the back of it from the harness to the back of the hu

matrxx dude
10-28-2006, 08:09 PM
did you check with your dmm your constant and acc to see if its right.