PDA

View Full Version : What exactly are the differences?

leonsv
10-28-2006, 07:10 PM
so now i'm wondering, there are hu's ranging from $50 to $3000, what exactly is the difference? Also what is the difference between stock hu and aftermarket, besides the extra features..(like flip down/removable face plate, cool lights, and all that other stuff)? I don't see why hu's that do the samething can have soooooooooo much of a difference in price....prestige?

luvinthebass
10-28-2006, 07:12 PM
style, looks, and performance make the head units more pricier and more features then the low end for the same brand and it's just marketing, they want you to buy their products.

DeViOuSoNe
10-28-2006, 07:14 PM
what he said x500

leonsv
10-28-2006, 07:15 PM
some hus are better than others, and have more features.

can you tell me why?

heyman421
10-28-2006, 07:15 PM
some have crap for features, and are wickedly expensive because they use expensive auiophile-grade parts.

Some are really expensive because they have lots of gadgets, but they're still built with crappy components.

Depends on the deck. Price wont tell you much but..... price.

MTXman
10-28-2006, 07:20 PM
mostly because of the sound quality changing features.

making it sound like its supposed to, to your ears.

buying a good brand like pioneer, will give you many great tuning capabilities, plus the SQ reproduction is overall better with an upgraded HU.

leonsv
10-28-2006, 07:24 PM
mostly because of the sound quality changing features.

making it sound like its supposed to, to your ears.

buying a good brand like pioneer, will give you many great tuning capabilities, plus the SQ reproduction is overall better with an upgraded HU.

ok, lets take the 880prs (just got one!!!)

what exactly makes say the mcintosh hu better in terms of sq?