PDA

View Full Version : tach wire

AT@T tech
10-28-2006, 09:58 AM
i have a 2005 nissan frontier. does anyone know where the tach wire is?what color? installing remote start.thanks

KaeZoo
10-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT white/green.

mtdewelf
10-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT white/green.

honest to goodness truth??

i've never heard that, not that that means much :up2somet:

KaeZoo
10-28-2006, 11:48 AM
That's the specific color for the Nissan Frontier. But on most vehicles with fuel injectors, you can use the odd-colored wire at any injector for a remote start tach sense.

Shyne151
10-28-2006, 02:51 PM
That's the specific color for the Nissan Frontier. But on most vehicles with fuel injectors, you can use the odd-colored wire at any injector for a remote start tach sense.

This is true. You some how always beat me to posting!

What shop do you work at in michigan? you guys getting hammered by remote starts yet?

AT@T tech
10-28-2006, 10:53 PM
thanks for the info.:veryhapp:

azbass
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
lol at directechs.

use any of these wires that are NOT these colors. lol. but if you look at the wires you will see the right one.

Shyne151
10-29-2006, 01:32 AM
lol at directechs.

use any of these wires that are NOT these colors. lol. but if you look at the wires you will see the right one.

One of our old installers who was a tool never understood their phrasing. I always used to try to explain to him "Just look at the injectors and use the non-common color on any injector." he would still never understand.

KaeZoo
10-30-2006, 09:17 AM
This is true. You some how always beat me to posting!

What shop do you work at in michigan? you guys getting hammered by remote starts yet?

I'd rather not say; it's a chain store in the GR area, so most of the forum thinks I'm an incompetent idiot already.:uhoh:

We're not hammered with RS yet, but they're picking up. Probably did four last week. The real run will come after Christmas.

Shyne151
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I'd rather not say; it's a chain store in the GR area, so most of the forum thinks I'm an incompetent idiot already.:uhoh:

We're not hammered with RS yet, but they're picking up. Probably did four last week. The real run will come after Christmas.

Ughh... one question.

Do you have a manager named kyle?

KaeZoo
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Ughh... one question.

No, not at my store. Not sure about other locations.

Vestax
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
You guys don't get slammed on Black Fridays? The day after thanksgiving is pretty busy.

KaeZoo
10-30-2006, 09:25 PM
The bays aren't very busy on that Friday; usually they shut them or short-staff them to pull installers out onto the sales floor. We'll do remote starts every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but after Christmas we'll be booked out 1-2 weeks for at least a month. People want to give a remote start as a gift, and don't realize we can install them ahead of time and hide the antenna in the headliner. Christmas morning comes, pull the remote out of the box and start up the car. Instead they have to wait until winter's half over before their remote start goes in.

On a side note, bad Christmas gift idea: DIY remote start. We get the calls every year, from the folks who got a Walmart remote start and are looking for someone to install it during crazy season.

Shyne151
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM
You guys don't get slammed on Black Fridays? The day after thanksgiving is pretty busy.

We don't do installs on black friday, our bay is transferred into a loading dock for tvs and computers that are on sale.

KaeZoo
10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Ughh... one question.

Your mailbox is full.

Shyne151
11-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Your mailbox is full.

Sorry cleared.

jrouter76
11-02-2006, 12:26 AM

We're not hammered with RS yet, but they're picking up. Probably did four last week. The real run will come after Christmas.I don`t think you are an idiot, you helped me with a security problem awhile back, you and shyne are pretty much on top of things as far as i`m concern keep up the good work.:D

THUNDERBIRD
11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
remote starts are easy to install in my mind, atleast my car. i just get overwhelmed with all the wire adn all their bs talk. but at the BB here they shut down the bay too and check us out there. but it is credit card only and you have to sign up for the magizine offer, i think CC does install just not till later on in the day. like 1 or 2pm. i want to get my old man a remote start for his deville.