PDA

View Full Version : Bridging causing an issue with time correction

bikinpunk
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I have an alpine iva-d300 h/u. I have my front stage bridged to a 4-channel Alpine amp and am using a 4-set of rca's for signal (which, I'm assuming I have to do since signal is being pulled from each denoted "channel" on the amp). I have issues when I try to correct the time alignment since there is no distinct "right" and "left" front/rears due to the bridging. Is this something I can work around, or do I just have to deal with it until I get a 2-channel, or unbridge the connections?

Rochambeau
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
what amp are you using?

I know when I tried to bridge a PDX 4.150 amp, I had to take the FL and FR inputs out of the source (in my case a processor) and split them with two "Y-cables" to go into the 4 inputs of the amp and the amp then "summed" the split signal for each channel. That is to say Left went to channel 1&2 inputs and Right went to channel 3&4 inputs. At that point, the amp put the L signal back together by adding the Ch 1 & ch 2 inputs and also adding the ch3 & ch4 inputs for the right.

Then you simply plug the left speaker positive into the positive for channel 1 and L speaker negative into the neg for channel 2.

Finally, there is an input selection switch on my amp that had to be set properly to assign the correct inputs to the correct channels.

PS: When I did this little trick all was fine... except I had the wrong speaker specs and cooked a new pair of Boston Pro60's cause they couldn't handle what I was throwin at them. Oopsie! :blackeye: A+ execution... D- planning. :D

squeak9798
10-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm not really sure where your issue lies. If you wire it like Rochambeau mentioned (left RCA to the inputs for channel 1 and 2, right RCA to the inputs for channels 3 and 4), time correction should work just fine.

azbass
10-27-2006, 11:32 PM
is there a switch on the amp for 4 or 2 chan mode?

bikinpunk
10-28-2006, 12:30 AM
is there a switch on the amp for 4 or 2 chan mode?

nope, no switch. It's raining here so I'll have to check tomorrow and play with the rca's. I'll post back after doing so.

thatkidbob
10-28-2006, 12:35 AM
I have an alpine iva-d300 h/u. I have my front stage bridged to a 4-channel Alpine amp and am using a 4-set of rca's for signal (which, I'm assuming I have to do since signal is being pulled from each denoted "channel" on the amp). I have issues when I try to correct the time alignment since there is no distinct "right" and "left" front/rears due to the bridging. Is this something I can work around, or do I just have to deal with it until I get a 2-channel, or unbridge the connections?
The f?

if you've got 4 individual channels time correction will work just fine.

how do you have it wired up?

bikinpunk
10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Bridged. My 4 channel amp is bridged. Therefore it's powering 2 speakers, by using a + from channel 1 and - from channel 2. It powers the 2nd speaker by using a + from channel 3, and - from channel 4. Those may not be dead on, it' might be + from 2 & - from 1, but you get the point. This is what's causing the issue.

If I simply had 2 speakers powered off channel 1 & 2, or 4 speakers off all 4 channels there would be no issues.