PDA

View Full Version : Python 881xp installation guide NEEDED

~Magick_Man~
10-27-2006, 05:35 PM
i just got a refurbished 881xp and there is no installation guide with it.
and the directed site is worthless and doesnt have it either.

so if anybody has a copy of it on their comeputer or knows a website that has it i would appreciate it.

thanks,
~Magick_Man~

KaeZoo
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/881%20XP%20%20IM.pdf

ssj2xxgotenxx
10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
It's a pain in the *** to install. Better stock up on some refreshments before you start.

~Magick_Man~
10-27-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/881%20XP%20%20IM.pdf
thanks.

It's a pain in the *** to install. Better stock up on some refreshments before you start.
:crap:
i was hoping it wouldnt be too bad.
and do you have to have the bit writer to properly install it?
or could you install it and then take it somewhere and have them program it?

i might just break down and have somebody else install it.

~Magick_Man~

KaeZoo
10-27-2006, 08:06 PM
You don't need a bitwriter to install or program it.

Ease of installation is determined almost entirely by what kind of vehicle you're installing it into. Some are tough, some are easy. There's nothing about the alarm system that makes it particularly difficult to install.

Read through the entire manual before you start. If you do that and there are still wires or instructions that you don't understand, get back to us. If we can't clear it up, then it's time to take it to a pro.

Important: if you don't have a DMM or know how to use one, don't install an alarm.

jiggy2dmax
10-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Im by far no expert but I have installed 2 of these so PM me with any questions you have and I'll try to help you out or find the answer out for you.

~Magick_Man~
10-28-2006, 03:05 AM
well i have been reading the installation and user guide and i think this wont be as bad as i was afraid.

i have an 01 sentra GXE so i dont have to worry about factory alarm/immobilizer.
and my dad is a mechanic so anything i cant figure out i am sure he can.
if time permits i would like to put it in sunday but it will probably be monday tuesday before i get a chance.

and if i run into any thing i cant figure out i will be ask you guys and hopefully we can come up with an answer.

thanks for the help so far.

~Magick_Man~

KaeZoo
10-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Doesn't look like a very difficult car. The main thing that trips people up in Nissans is that there's a second starter wire that has to be energized for remote start; you'll need to purchase a relay to install it correctly. Most of the other wires you need to tap can be found at the SECU module, to the right of the steering column.

jeepintn
10-28-2006, 09:08 AM
just give yourself A LOT of time, a lot of shops even take several hours to put alarms in, so dont get yourself caught having to drive around a stripped down car, LoL

Shyne151
10-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Ughh no not really. I've done quite a few of them. How is it different then installing any other alarm?

As for the bitwriter question, it makes it easier but you can do the same programming features via the valet button. The only thing that might trip you up is the second starter wire like kaezoo said... if you need to know how to wire the relay just ask... and the door locks maybe.. They more than likely gave you a 451m, if you can't figure out how it works just ask.

jiggy2dmax
10-28-2006, 08:55 PM
That car shouldnt be that hard. I do believe that you will need a bypass for the RS and a extra key. Other than that, you'll have to wire up the second relay for the the 2nd starter wire and make your basic connections. Make sure you hide the siren and solder your connections.

~Magick_Man~
10-30-2006, 03:31 AM
That car shouldnt be that hard. I do believe that you will need a bypass for the RS and a extra key. Other than that, you'll have to wire up the second relay for the the 2nd starter wire and make your basic connections. Make sure you hide the siren and solder your connections.

i don't have a chipped key or any kind of factory alarm so i don't think that will be a problem.

and on the relay satellite it has 2 ignition outputs.
would the second one be used to power the second starter wire?
i would think so but since it was mentioned i would need an additional relay to power the second wire i thought i would ask.

it at all possible i will try to start the install in the morning at my dad's shop.
so i will have a full wiring diagram for the car at my disposal and just about every tool i could ever need.
so hopefully i can knock it out in a couple (3-4) hours but we will see how it goes.

and thanks again to everybody for the help.

~Magick_Man~

KaeZoo
10-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Your vehicle has only one ignition wire but two accessory wires. So the second ignition at the relay pack will become second accessory instead; there's an option in the programming menu to change it from ignition to accessory (and you won't need a bitwriter for that, either).

For your second starter wire you'll need to set up a relay using the (-) starter wire output at the relay pack as a trigger. That's the small 4-pin plug that connects to the relay pack. The small purple wire is for activating a starter relay. Connect as follows:

85: (-) starter trigger from relay pack
86: 12v+
87: 12v+
87a: not used
30: output to vehicle second starter wire

~Magick_Man~
10-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Your vehicle has only one ignition wire but two accessory wires. So the second ignition at the relay pack will become second accessory instead; there's an option in the programming menu to change it from ignition to accessory (and you won't need a bitwriter for that, either).

For your second starter wire you'll need to set up a relay using the (-) starter wire output at the relay pack as a trigger. That's the small 4-pin plug that connects to the relay pack. The small purple wire is for activating a starter relay. Connect as follows:

85: (-) starter trigger from relay pack
86: 12v+
87: 12v+
87a: not used
30: output to vehicle second starter wire

do they both get + ?

~Magick_Man~

KaeZoo
10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Yes. 86 is the positive side of the coil, and needs 12v so the relay will activate when it sees a ground on 85. 87 will be the source for the 12v output to the starter wire.

~Magick_Man~
01-22-2007, 12:13 PM
well it has been a couple months now and the alarm is still sitting in the box :mad:
but it looks like it will finally be installed this weekend.
one of two things i wanted for my birthday is my dad to help me install the alarm.
so if it doesnt get done this time i might just sell it and be done with it :crap:

~Magick_Man~

THUNDERBIRD
01-22-2007, 05:13 PM
one thing not said in here is to tap up all the wires or run them in loom to look stock, i the starter relay pack will have 2 or 3 red 12v wires u can tie all of them into one wire, i have tied mine in about 2 inches below the fuses. and then make sure u hide everything, and also make sure ur antenna wire is not bundled up it will make the range not as good. my length is perfect, i went from behind the radio down and up the A pillar to the middle of the window and i have an extra inch left.

Shyne151
02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
the starter relay pack will have 2 or 3 red 12v wires u can tie all of them into one wire, i have tied mine in about 2 inches below the fuses.

Wrong, those wires are seperated for a reason. Those relays in the relay pack draw a good ammount of current... they are NOT meant to just be "tied together".

luckyluckxx
03-07-2008, 04:15 AM
great topic

WBR,
Alex

mypharmalife
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Guys
Here is a few words about pharma business
http://world-pharma.pillsfm.com
My favourite pharma supermarket
WBR,
Alex

budmanv24
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I recently purchased a 2002 VW Passat that has a python 881xp installed in it. The remote was broken when I got the car so I bought a new one. Maybe I'm going through the wrong procedure, but when I program the alarm for the remote it works, but when I go back to the car a couple hours later it doesnt seem to work anymore. To program it I open a door, put the key to the on positition, push the valet button once within 5 seconds, then push and hold it and then hold the lock button on the remote. Am I missing some steps?