PDA

View Full Version : Installing Front Stage

Dynasty
10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
When I first came to this site I realized how much useful information is on here. I began to read and ask questions. I quickly learned how much is involved in car audio. When I first came here, I did not have any knowledge of car audio. Today, I feel I have learned a lot and these forums were much help!

During the summer, I got my drivers' license. The first thing I wanted to do was put my first sound system in my car. I began to ask questions and do research on multiple forums to find out what equipment I should go with. I went with a single 12" Kicker CVR in a box from Kicker, Profile AP1000M amp, and a Pioneer DEH-5800MP HU. I did all the wiring and installing with my dad. I was and still am satisfied with my choices.

However, I left out a front stage. I now want to upgrade. I feel the crappy stock 4x6 coaxials are not cutting it anymore. The first thing I need to do is get mounting adapters. I found a pair of 4x6 to 6.5 adapters, so I am going to go with those. I am going with a component set of speakers becasue I want SQ. I have a good idea of what components I am going to go with. The thing I am unfamiliar with is how to wire the new amp, speakers, and tweeters to the existing equipment. What do I need? Can someone help me out? I do not want to resort to having a car audio shope install it for me and be slammed with labor fees. I have sucessfully installed my HU, sub, and amp so I think I can handle it.

ngsm13
10-27-2006, 03:25 PM
When I first came to this site I realized how much useful information is on here. I began to read and ask questions. I quickly learned how much is involved in car audio. When I first came here, I did not have any knowledge of car audio. Today, I feel I have learned a lot and these forums were much help!

During the summer, I got my drivers' license. The first thing I wanted to do was put my first sound system in my car. I began to ask questions and do research on multiple forums to find out what equipment I should go with. I went with a single 12" Kicker CVR in a box from Kicker, Profile AP1000M amp, and a Pioneer DEH-5800MP HU. I did all the wiring and installing with my dad. I was and still am satisfied with my choices.

However, I left out a front stage. I now want to upgrade. I feel the crappy stock 4x6 coaxials are not cutting it anymore. The first thing I need to do is get mounting adapters. I found a pair of 4x6 to 6.5 adapters, so I am going to go with those. I am going with a component set of speakers becasue I want SQ. I have a good idea of what components I am going to go with. The thing I am unfamiliar with is how to wire the new amp, speakers, and tweeters to the existing equipment. What do I need? Can someone help me out? I do not want to resort to having a car audio shope install it for me and be slammed with labor fees. I have sucessfully installed my HU, sub, and amp so I think I can handle it.

nG

iceteebone
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM

ice

:confused:

:uhoh:

JimJ
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM

beckSHO
10-27-2006, 11:21 PM

azbass
10-27-2006, 11:24 PM

bumpinne0n
10-27-2006, 11:28 PM

http://i13.tinypic.com/33ytd29.gif

BayAreaBass
10-27-2006, 11:31 PM
confused again WTF

beckSHO
10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
confused again WTF

azbass
10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
wait who?

beckSHO
10-28-2006, 12:29 AM
hey azbass.....

guess what....

azbass
10-28-2006, 12:31 AM
no

beckSHO
10-28-2006, 12:32 AM
good call

Davie06tC
10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I say yes.

bonesninja
10-28-2006, 12:43 AM

xploit2
10-28-2006, 01:03 AM

myflow
10-28-2006, 01:10 AM

beckSHO
10-28-2006, 01:11 AM
.siht ot nrettap a si erehT