PDA

View Full Version : box for 15' sub

xsuperman350x
10-27-2006, 03:10 PM
i dont know what box i should make for my 15" diamond D6 im thinkin i want to make it tuned to 32 hz but i dont know how many cubic feet it should have if you can help that would be great i have about 3 feet for width and 2 feet for depth and about 2 feet tall so if someone can help me it would be awsome thanks

iceteebone
10-27-2006, 03:12 PM
what does diamond recommend? are you looking for plans or size recommendations?

xsuperman350x
10-27-2006, 03:17 PM
im looking for cubic feet recommendations basicaly i want the loudest box i can get i dont care how big it is, i saw a box that would fit in the back of my car but i dont know if its two big or what because its like 4 cubic feet tuned to 32 hz its up in moelesters thing he has up at the top if that one will be loud then ill use that one or if theres a better one that i dont know of. and my friend has the same set up as me right now in a box like the one diamond recomends but everyone i have talked to says it should be louder so i think my friends box is tuned to high for the sub

iceteebone
10-27-2006, 03:20 PM
im looking for cubic feet recommendations basicaly i want the loudest box i can get i dont care how big it is, i saw a box that would fit in the back of my car but i dont know if its two big or what because its like 4 cubic feet tuned to 32 hz its up in moelesters thing he has up at the top if that one will be loud then ill use that one or if theres a better one that i dont know of. and my friend has the same set up as me right now in a box like the one diamond recomends but everyone i have talked to says it should be louder so i think my friends box is tuned to high for the sub

higher tuning should give it more spl but less sq. i'm not too familar with that particular sub, but it seems like you are after an spl sub and diamond is more sq oriented. you happen to have bass box pro?

xsuperman350x
10-27-2006, 03:22 PM
uhh sorry lol im exteremly new at this whole thing i mean i know some but not enough whats the diff between spl and sq? and no i dont have bass box pro

iceteebone
10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
uhh sorry lol im exteremly new at this whole thing i mean i know some but not enough whats the diff between spl and sq? and no i dont have bass box pro

spl= sound pressure level wich when used on this forum means loudness
sq= sound quality

bass box pro is a box building program wich allows you to enter in your subs ts paramters and design a box.

i'm gonna assume you listen to rap?

xsuperman350x
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
haha yea i do most of the time and yea i want the most spl i can get out of this sub and is bass box pro free or do i have to buy it?

iceteebone
10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
haha yea i do most of the time and yea i want the most spl i can get out of this sub and is bass box pro free or do i have to buy it?

bbp is not free. i'll send you a pm ;)

xsuperman350x
10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
anyone else know of a good box plan i can use im looking for spl

xsuperman350x
10-30-2006, 03:22 PM
is there anyone else that wants to respond to this i need some help?

iamamp3pimp
10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
shoot me a PM.