PDA

View Full Version : Possible fix for a huge airleak?

SlickCMRick
10-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I was just informed that you need at LEAST your ports width clearance from the box to the trunk lid. I have a 6 inch wide port with 2 or 3 inches of clearance. Pics below:crap:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6179/img0467qf2.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/886/img0468th4.jpg

helotaxi
10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Won't be as loud as it could be most likely. Tuning will be lower than designed.

SlickCMRick
10-26-2006, 11:55 PM
anyway to fix?

snoopdan
10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
nah man, you'll be fine... The real prob is going to be your back seat, and proper venting into the cabin before your worry will even matter.

SlickCMRick
10-27-2006, 12:04 AM
would you suggest seats down then?

xluben
10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
maybe enlarge the trunk :)

i wouldn't worry too much about it. just gonna screw with the tuning.

with a box that big in a trunk i would have gone with subs up, port out the side, but that'd make the trunk rattle a lot.

CrEaTrE
10-27-2006, 12:19 AM
i'd be more worried about the trunk and the car not liking it more than the sound. It shouldn't really affect it all that much, but the car prob doesn't like all that air being pushed out so fast into it :laugh:

pwnt by pat
10-27-2006, 01:22 AM
turn the box around so the subs forward fire?

SlickCMRick
10-27-2006, 02:50 AM
im gonna try to go with a single sub setup and ditch the box

too big

SHiZNiLTi
10-27-2006, 03:40 AM
im gonna try to go with a single sub setup and ditch the box

too big
:(

Don't do it. You should hear my setup in my Xtreme, I have them facing forward in my ride and have no vibration from outside of the vehicle. It's crazy loud inside and outside(unfortuantly) since my manager at my work got quite upset tonight from me vibrating his office 200 meters away though 3 walls when I pulled up to the back of the warehouse to give my friends that I work with a demo. The other manager came running out of her office saying "what is that, whats happening" with a frantice sound of confusion in her voice. Everyone in the office thought it was soo crazy that I could be 200+ meters away behind the warehouse doors and still vibrate the windows, doors, roof panels, and server room with the bass. I'm enjoying my setup alot :D

Slick, I'm gonna be making a 6th order bandpass box for my hometheater and will test a 12" type R in it and let ya know how it works out. I've allready almsot finished one 6th order for some 10w0's and it's coming out very good.

bdawson72
10-27-2006, 03:43 AM
:(

Don't do it. You should hear my setup in my Xtreme, I have them facing forward in my ride and have no vibration from outside of the vehicle. It's crazy loud inside and outside(unfortuantly) since my manager at my work got quite upset tonight from my vibrating his office 200 meters away when I pulled up to the back of the warehouse to give my friends that I work with a demo. The other manager came running out of her office saying "what is that, whats happening" with a frantice sound of confusion in her voice. Everyone in the office thought it was soo crazy that I coulbe be 200+ meters away behind the warehouse doors and still vibrate the windows, doors, roof panels, and server room with the bass. I'm enjoying my setup alot :D

Slick, I'm gonna be making a 6th order bandpass box for my hometheater and will test a 12" type R in it and let ya know how it works out. I've allready almsot finished one 6th order for some 10w0's and it's coming out very good.

U did all that w/ 2 type r's:rolleyes:

SlickCMRick
10-27-2006, 03:45 AM
well i can trade for an eclipse 12" TI that can take 1100 watts from my amp at 2 ohms, and i wont have to upgrade my electrical, and i will have a ton of trunk space because i can put it in a small sealed box.

Unfortunately, with my space, that box isnt gonna perform to its FULL Potential so i may have to get rid of it :(

SHiZNiLTi
10-27-2006, 04:11 AM
U did all that w/ 2 type r's:rolleyes:
Yep, I know it sounds hard to believe, but trust me I'm not lying, wait for the video this next weekend when I hafta come in and do a server upgrade, I'll be able to replicate the exact same thing I described above. I'm not one to lie or over exaggerate on forums. I take pride in my posts and stand behind them.

PowerNaudio
10-28-2006, 12:36 AM
if you can flip the box around to where it faces the back of the seat then when you fold the seat down you wont have to worry about the port issue. with the seat up, if the seat block the port some, like you have in the trunk, then the sound will change again, and sound like a sealed enclosure with a huge *** leak.

mazdakid
10-28-2006, 12:41 AM
3" should be fine, or just turn the box around and stuff around it with something. wheres the huge air leak?

SlickCMRick
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM
xluben told me it was a 6" air leak because my port was 6" wide and i dont have enough clearance......lmao

xluben
10-28-2006, 08:06 AM
i was just kidding. just cutting it a little close. few more inches of clearance wouldn't hurt.

iamamp3pimp
10-28-2006, 07:38 PM
youll be fine bro. trust me, you wont notice the difference.