PDA

View Full Version : Porting rear deck...need advice...

96MaxGLE
10-27-2006, 12:41 AM
For my nxt sub setup, I want to try porting my rear deck w/ some 6" Aeros. What problems would I run into firing my subs to the rear and porting up through the deck? Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone used the 6" PSP ports from ROE? Anywhere else I should look for them? ...I've already tried PMing typeRbass...

96MaxGLE
10-28-2006, 03:06 PM
bump to the top...

C'mon guys...

phyphoestilic
10-28-2006, 03:10 PM
U should just put the subs and the port in the rear deck. Than make a box under them in the trunk. It'll take a lot of work but It should sound really good. I think if u fire the subs into the rear in the trunk, and have a port comming out the deck. and I'm assuming the cabin will be sealed from the trunk except for the port. than its gonna be more like a bandpass box.

iamamp3pimp
10-28-2006, 08:33 PM
hes dead on right.

are you sealing it off?

96MaxGLE
10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I wasn't planning on sealing off the trunk. Just a normal rear facing trunk setup, only having the ports up through the rear deck. I don't feel I'm experienced enough to build a bandpass, and have never had any experience with them. Haven't picked out my subs yet either. There r so many that I would like to have. Can a 4th or 6th order bandpass be usable as a dd?