PDA

View Full Version : Speaker choice?

04-ls1
10-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey everyone, this forum has been very helpful so far for me in the few days I have been a member. I am building my system that will be going in my 04 gto. So far is consist of
2 10" kicker comp c10 behind my rear panels. Would like to have went with a little better sub but am limited to a 5.5" mounting depth so I figured the comps are a good choice.
Amp- Kicker 700.5
Speakers- well here is where my question comes into play. I am wondering if I should run some 6.5" coaxials or should I run a 6.5" midbass and a seperate tweeter? The car has factory tweeters in the dash and I am planning on changing them anyways so would it be better to just install some coaxials in the doors?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Also I am wanting to run all kicker components so if you could recommend a kicker speaker that would be great. Also not completly limited to kicker brand just a preference.

Notwerk
10-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Kicker's top of the line SS models are nice, but pricey.

If you're thinking about using coaxials and tweeters, I'd say that's a bad idea. What you want, if you're going to replace the dash tweet, is to just use a standard set of components with the mid in the door and the tweet on the dash (if you're keeping the stock locations).

04-ls1
10-27-2006, 12:14 AM
I am planning on keeping everything in the same spots only difference will be is I am building fiberglass pods for the 6.5 on the doors panels. I was actually looking at the ss series but don't know a whole lot about them. Woofersetc.com has some cdt comp. sets on sale right now. I have read some good things about those as well.

Notwerk
10-27-2006, 02:52 AM
I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. The SS speakers are very nice, very smooth. Really excellent in every way. But you pay a lot for them. If they're in your price range, I think they'd definitely do the job.