PDA

View Full Version : anti theft??

amarlls
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
hello what is the best antitheft device out there for not getting your car stolen?? how does the ravelco system rank as one of the best devices and also if purchase rims what is best way to have these not get stolen? i live in phoenix and theft is a big thing round here and want to be protected. please help with any info, thank you

azbass
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
shoot, a hidden switch to triger a relay that cuts the starter wire. is great.

RFCV
10-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Hello, what is the best anti-theft device out there for not getting your car stolen?? How does the Ravelco system rank as one of the best devices and also if purchase rims what is best way to have these not get stolen? I live in Phoenix and theft is a big thing round here and want to be protected. Please help with any info, Thank You.

First I would say to do a search here, www.termpro.com in 'Auto Security' & www.sounddomain.com in 'Security Sense'.

MUCH good info to be learned! ;)

To specifically address the theft of rims, I would recommend wheel locking lugs. Some put 1 on each wheel, but if you really value them & they cost a bit of $, I would highly recommend all 4 for each wheel. They come with a special key that you use with a normal lug wrench.
I would also recommend a tilt sensor with the alarm. This will detect any attempt to jack up the car (either for stealing rims/tires or towing).

AT@T tech
10-28-2006, 09:41 AM
get the club that goes on the steering wheel!!!

RFCV
10-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Get the Club that goes on the steering wheel!!!

Good tip, but it is a well known fact that the "Club" can be easily defeated.

Don't need to say how, but it can.

It would be better to get a "column lock" to prevent breaking into the ignition & hot wiring.

Also, I have seen 'brake locks' that go down where the pedals are.