PDA

View Full Version : Component ????'s

worthamterrence
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
i have a 87 Buick Grand National and was gonna go with the Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.25 Component set in the door,3.5"Infinity Kappa's in the dash,and Infinity Kappa 6x9's on the deck but everyone is talking like there is a better brand of speakers out there for the price im gonna pay for these.Im looking for something that is extra clear.I will be running these off a JL 450/4 amp and 2 12 inch JL 12W6v2's in a prowedge JL box off of a JL 1000/1.Your opinions would be very helpful.If you dont think the Infinitys are not gonna do the job for me then give me some other Brands to go with.Thanks

PremierAudio
10-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I assume your looking to pay around 250 for the components?
For below that price you can get a a set of Rainbow Soundline SLC230. Then I would put a set of Rainbow SL 6x9 6x9" coaxials in the rear. I wouldnt add the 3.5'' back in the dash. The Rainbows will astounish you with how much more midbass they have than the Infinites! They are a lot more musical than the Infinities and Im sure almost everyone on here will concur with this.

worthamterrence
10-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I assume your looking to pay around 250 for the components?
For below that price you can get a a set of Rainbow Soundline SLC230. Then I would put a set of Rainbow SL 6x9 6x9" coaxials in the rear. I wouldnt add the 3.5'' back in the dash. The Rainbows will astounish you with how much more midbass they have than the Infinites! They are a lot more musical than the Infinities and Im sure almost everyone on here will concur with this.

where can i order these from?

PremierAudio
10-25-2006, 07:01 PM
PM sent

RI-Matt
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
worthamterrence,
I had the Infinities in my 87 Grand National and replaced them with the Rainbow components. I put the woofer in the doors, mounted the tweeters on the a-pillars. The dash location cause too much reflection in our cars. My rear deck speakers are faded so soft that you can only hear them when seated in the back seat.
I highly recommend the Rainbows.
Install is a big thing with these so sound deadening is a must especially if your exhaust is loud ( no cat ) ;)

Matt