PDA

View Full Version : stealproof system?

EZSoulja
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
whats the best way to have it hard to steal the amplifiers or have it hidden...

JimJ
10-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Not draw attention to the vehicle. Having it blend in won't draw any attention to what's inside.

CBFryman2
10-24-2006, 11:35 AM
A good false floor.

/Thread.

iceteebone
10-24-2006, 11:37 AM
isn't there a sticky for this? no stickers, watch where you play your music, keep it concealed etc. or in other words, don't be dumb

Tiger Bass
10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Rattlesnakes and scorpions in the back...j/k

A week or so ago, some guy on this forum installed like 30 pizos into his ride to help his **** not get stolen. It seems like they would be fairly effective.

MTXman
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Rattlesnakes and scorpions in the back...j/k

A week or so ago, some guy on this forum installed like 30 pizos into his ride to help his **** not get stolen. It seems like they would be fairly effective.

Quoted/Bolded/Enlargened for emphasis :D

Rich B
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM

So then the assh*le trying to rip you off sues you because he lost his hearing?

:verymad:

reneeb7363
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
dont boom in residential area-- your just advertising to the next potential thief

Chevyaudio
10-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I go boom everywhere...EVERYwhere :naughty:

NoLimit
10-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't be dumb with your system

If you're going to a local place like the mall, don't bump before you pull in or during, mall = lots of cars = lots of people = thieves

I would say don't even bump when you pull into school ( if you're still "in" school ) but thats just so **** hard :D

dkguitarist
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
basically don't be an idiot and bump late at night especially. and use security screws/bolts, etc. tinted windows (5% if you can), 2 way paging alarm with ignition kill, loud *** piezo sirens and a backup battery, and a nice .357 or shotty. and don't go "boom" in public places i.e. malls, movie theaters, schools, airports, big festivals/concerts/events, etc, or anywhere near where you live.

Louisiana_CRX
10-25-2006, 10:29 AM
A bear trap left open in your trunk...in case they pry open your truck....keep it under a thin shirt ...when they reach into your trunk to steal you caught a theif :D

LittleCarp04
10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
^^ depending on what state you live in, that could be considered booby trapping, and is illegal, but in TX as long as its not with lethal intent its legal, so i bought 2 extra rear floormats, and put small nails through it, and painted it to match pretty closely to my seat color, and keep em on teh seats at night

itll hurt like a ***** if they wanna steal my stuff.

Relax
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Pay someone to sit in your car.

chartman18
10-31-2006, 05:18 AM
Hmm, I really should take off my Dynamat decals on my side rear windows...but Im lazy. So who knows. I dont have a system in it anyways (for now) except a Boss 2-Channel amplifier and a Dual head unit...who wants those? No one.

bigemike
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
I would use security screws throughout the system. Make sure you have a sub floor installed and try to mount both your amps and box to it, so they are one piece. Just remember this if you can install your amps in minutes and you use regular drywall screws then you are only giving yourself about 2 minutes to catch the thief. They will scope out your car, get a good ide of what tools they need and then smash the window.

Also break down and get an alarm. If you aren't capable of doing the install make sure that the brain is hidden. It takes about thirty seconds to breaka window and get under the dash and rip out the brain box. Also install 2 or more extra sirens. And make sure that the shock sensor is set properly so the alarm only goes off is somone is breaking in.

Also try to build some type of cover panel over your amps, and grill cloth over your speakers. And watch where you show your system off, cruise in's are a good place to let thieves see what you have and how to get it out.

.::DuD3::.
11-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Pay someone to sit in your car.

:laugh: hahhhah wtf

937DYTBOI
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
anything can be stolen, but welding and a good false floor will do