PDA

View Full Version : need some 2-ways

got beatz
10-22-2006, 10:40 PM
hi.....im looking to upgrade my front four speakers in my camaro...i have no clue what to look for when looking for components...i work at best buy, so i get hella discounts on the components and two ways....can anyone just give me some ideas for my front four? and by front four, i mean ...the two speakers in the kick panels which are...6.5 i believe and the two speakers behind me which are 6x9s. i already have all the bass i need from my 2 12's in the back, but i just need something to keep up without distortion. also, the speakers will not be run from an amp, just the head unit. price range up to $200. throw some ideas out, need some SQL 2-ways. thank you.

Jacobman
10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Well distortion will come when you turn your HU up and get clipping, so if you want something to keep up with your subs its gotta be amped. But as far as the speakers go i love my alpine type-s, just got an amp for them last week and its amazing. No point in getting any better speakers if there gonna be off the HU.

MBrock4u
10-23-2006, 05:04 AM
I would tend to agree with the above post. Alpine type S's are nice. Better off amping them though so you can really crank it up to keep up with your subs and not have to worrie about distortion comming from your head unit.

Pyro_By_Nature
10-23-2006, 05:21 AM
I loved my type S's in my last install, beat the **** out of my CDT CL-61's (total **** speakers). Really haven't heard of someone complain about the way they sound.

Type S speakers sound better than R's, R's = bling for the record.

Honestly, off of head unit power you won't get very far unless you run horns lol.I'd just focus on a set of speakers up front and then some good solid power going to them.That's what I prefer to do.Except the people in the back ***** about only being able to hear bass. . . . .grrr.

got beatz
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
ok... thank you for all of your help...should i be getting like a 4 channel amp or something? and about how much rms should it be putting out?