PDA

View Full Version : midbass ???

bigemike
10-22-2006, 10:14 PM
I am redoing my system in my jeep and the front stage is using kicker ss6.5 components with supplied x-over and a pair of 6.5" ss mid bass. What in the world can I use for a x-over for the midbass. I am running them off of a zx950.4 2 chnnels for the components and two channels for the midbass.

Also do I need to position the midbass in the front (probably kick panels custom made" or would they work out as well in the back doors?? i am thiking that the midbass would be prettymuch like a sub and the mounting them behind me would still work??

i remember these x-overs that went in the rca jacks and were like line x-overs anyone heard of them. I am having a heck of a time finding a solution for this without custom building crossoevers to kickers specs which is a little expensive and not adjustable after they are built.

bigemike
10-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I am looking for a good source for a midbass xover. electric or passive???

bdawson72
10-23-2006, 09:39 AM
active or passive

bigemike
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
either one an electronic ( active) or a passive solution I want it to go from about 65hz-500hz they have a 12db crossover in the manual. But I would rather have a bandpass active crossover that is adjustable. It is going to run me about $65 to build it myself, no problem there, but I can't adjust it, I am basically stuck.