PDA

View Full Version : Custom 6x9 Box Questions

Hurro
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Do 6x9's need a specific amount of air in an enclosure? Clearance as well? Should I treat them as smaller subs? (With a few changes of course) I haven't measured it but I'm thinking about making a box with less than a cubic foot of air? Excluding the displacement of the speaker itself.

acold7dusta
10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
you can run them IB if youd like (no enclosure) or you can make a small enclosure, like .4 cu ft, if you'd like. are these mids or subs? either way itll probably be more punchy in an enclosure and belch out the lows better infinite baffle. its up to you man

Hurro
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
OK, I know there will be better low end response if they are boxed but wasn't sure if there was a minimum required.

Also forgot: Model is - Clarion SRR6985

disturbedfuel15
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
^^^
I've got the same speakers, they're nice sounding, eh? Let me know how they sound after the enclosure, I might do the same :)

Hurro
10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
^^^
I've got the same speakers, they're nice sounding, eh? Let me know how they sound after the enclosure, I might do the same :)

No problem, hopefully the internet still exists by the time I get around to it to show you. :D

And yea, I've had no complaints about the speakers whatsoever. They get nice and loud.