PDA

View Full Version : w7 pox need help asap..............

eos
10-21-2006, 05:44 PM
i have 2 jl w7s but need a box and its going in a 98 chevy suburban ne body got ne ideas for the diementions?

Rawr-DQ
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Not without the dimensions of the cab atleast...also note on what type of box you're looking for...I.E. Sealed, Vented, Bandpass 4/6/8th order...do read up and learn about these boxes.

You'll probably want to startout with vented as it is the second easiest to do, and not much harded than a sealed box.

have fun.

disturbedfuel15
10-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Yeah, and it might help if we knew what size they are :)

Rawr-DQ
10-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Okay well, measure the back of the suburban, imagine that there is a retangular box being slide in, what size box could you slide in there without hitting anything?

Measure the width between the sides (the ones closest together) , depth The back seats to the back door), and height (to the roof from the floor)...those will be the dimensions of the largest box yu can fit inside of there,

With those measures we can see how many cubic feet there is availible and possible design a box to slide in and fix into that space.

Chances are you won't use half of it, but get that information and we can start somewhere.

80INCHES
10-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Not without the dimensions of the cab atleast...also note on what type of box you're looking for...I.E. Sealed, Vented, Bandpass 4/6/8th order...do read up and learn about these boxes.

You'll probably want to startout with vented as it is the second easiest to do, and not much harded than a sealed box.

have fun.

4 any w7 setup i would do a ported box
maybe a 6th order bandpass..but i wouldnt do it

so no matter wat size w7 put it in a ported box
and the demensions for the burban is 48widex 18high(under window line) atleast 30-36deep

i3abyjay25
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
whats size of w7? I have a box here for 2 13W7 that i would sale pretty cheap. It was made by a guy i know at Mobile Dynamic school. its a really great box for the 2...

matrxx dude
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
:laugh:
are w7 pox like chicken pox? only little woofers appear on your skin?

lol

colgatekillaa
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
are w7 pox like chicken pox? only little woofers appear on your skin?

lol, this guy's pretty funny