PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using or have experience with CDT Upstage setups?

Intercooler
10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Looking to see if they work as advertised and are worth doing. Since going three-way I am thinking about it.

Intercooler
10-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Darn... Figured at least a couple. :eyebrow:

Intercooler
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
How about you dealers?

squeak9798
10-22-2006, 05:33 PM
With a properly setup frontstage, you should not need them.

Intercooler
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I would kind of agree with you but having kicks at your feet and door speakers firing into your legs.... If it helps that then it could be a good thing.

Intercooler
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
With a properly setup frontstage, you should not need them.
Where did you go? I would like to hear your suggestions on this.

squeak9798
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Where did you go? I would like to hear your suggestions on this.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/peepwall.gif

With kickpanel mounted speakers if you don't have a high soundstage and feel you need to add additional tweeters......then your kicks aren't aimed properly IMO.

If you have speakers mounted in stock locations, and aren't very good at tuning and are absolutely stuck as far as speaker placement goes....then yeah, maybe they'll help.

But for the cost of the Upstage kit, you would be better off building kicks or rebuilding the kicks.

Though this falls into one of those "personal preference" categories. Some people think auxillary tweeters are invaluable. Others, like myself, think they are a bandaid for a fundamental underlying problem and that better results can be achieved by attempting to fix the actual problem and not just bandaid it.

PremierAudio
10-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Agreed with squeak on this one. You can get by without them.