PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood 6042 or another EQ?

TribeX85
10-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Hello, I have a kinda of a noob question, but Im building my system and one last thing I need is an EQ, I dont want the trunk EQ's, Im wanting to buy an In Dash model. But see I dont know if I really am gonna need it cause I bought an Eclipse CD5000 head unit and it has a built in EQ, 7 band I think.. So my question was do you guys think I really need a sepperate EQ? I was thinking of getting a matching Eclipse EQ, the 21010 or getting the Kenwood 6042, my brother had that a few years ago and it was great he says.

I just want my speakers to sound the best they can.

heres what I have so far.

Infinity Kappa 693.7I (Rear)
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Components (Front)
2 Eclipse SW9122 12" Subs
MTX 81000D Mono Amp
Eclipse EA400 4 channel amp
Eclipse CD5000 Head Unit

MBrock4u
10-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Looks like a nice setup. Do you really need a seperate EQ?? With that Eclipse head unit, I doubt it. I would think you would be able to tweek it very nicely if you take your time to explore your options. But, if your willing to spend some xtra doe, why not get one.

Louisiana_CRX
10-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't add a seperate EQ to the Eclipse...The built in EQ will do everything that any basic EQ will do at setting your sound...Plus with most indash EQ's they only accept one set of RCA's in...So you loose your decks fader capabilities...plus your decks sub controls...all must be worked through the EQ...I know things can be wired and mixed sub left through the deck EQ just left on highs but again it would'nt be a noticable difference...over a built in 7 band

TribeX85
10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, Im gonna hook it up this weekend.