PDA

View Full Version : Enough for Boston Z6?

donpisto
10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll be hookin up my z6's to an amp shortly (finally after not using them for an entire year). I currently have an RF Punch 500a2 (125x2 @ 4 ohms, 250x2 @ 2 ohms). I know the mids are 3 ohms so I'll be gettin approx 190w rms from the amp. I was wondering if this is going to be enough power for the mids.

As for the tweeters I was wondering how much power should go to them, and what is the max amount of current power to give them?

As a note, I will be using the Z crossovers.

HCCA
10-21-2006, 03:22 PM
If you are giving the mids the 190 watts to the mids, the tweeters should get the very same power from that cannel. You said you are using the Z crossovers, right? Don't worry about bi amping the tweeters seperately. They are designed to work together off of one amp channel. No need to go beyond that. 190 watts should work well, but they can handle more. I am powering my B/A Pro 60's with 120 watts.

donpisto
10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah I'll be using the Z crossovers. So is it better that I just get a 4 channel amp? I found out that the Z tweeters are 8 ohm, although they should be treated as a 3 ohm setup (according to the Boston tech).