PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell do I even start?

mattkorz
10-18-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm starting to replace my stock speakers with some good aftermarket ones.

Starting with the rear speakers ( cuz they're blown... oops. lol), what are some of the best brands/models to buy? Like, Ive heard so many different things and recommendations, but whats the best for a moderate spender? We're talking a 150 for a pair max price...

Also, As far as just rear speakers go, are compsite or co-ax better? Ive heard that round component speakers are much better than 6x9 3-way speakers.

To tell ya the truth, I just learned what 3-way speakers are... I know, lets all point and laugh at the noob... but I do have a working knowledge of audio and cars, so its a start... :-/

also, what would be the best site(s) to buy said speakers from? I'm scared as **** to buy off e-bay.

Thanks! :):)

MBrock4u
10-18-2006, 06:40 AM
First of all, welcome to the forum. Alot of people on here don't put much money in rear speakers, some people like none at all. i enjoy my rears, but I wouldn't put your main focus on rears. Main focus should be on front stage. I use Alpine type S coax for rears and they sound good. Really can't go wrong with those for rears. As far as online Crutchfield.com for reliability and coustomer service. WoofersEtc.com for a nice selection at a good price. Check those out.

SQBubble
10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
wut car? wut size front and back?

www.sonicelectronix.com is a nice place to shop car audio