PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry for my 2002 Impala

Rattlebrain
10-17-2006, 09:41 PM
OK some know that I just bought a 2002 Impala. I did not get any key-less entry remotes. I have found some on E-bay for a good price but it says I need to check with a dealer to see if my particular vehicle is equipped to use key-less. Is there anyway I can find out without having to call a dealer. I am impatient and if I could find out tonight, I would order them.

Thanks!!!

davidfre21
10-17-2006, 09:46 PM
chances are even if it does have keyless entry... ur still gonna have to talk to the dealer about programing it :crap:

so call go in now and kill both the birds with one stone

Rattlebrain
10-17-2006, 09:47 PM
chances are even if it does have keyless entry... ur still gonna have to talk to the dealer about programing it :crap:

so call go in now and kill both the birds with one stone

The one Im looking at says it has the instructions on how to program it. Think its a sham??

Rattlebrain
10-17-2006, 09:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-2002-2003-CHEVROLET-IMPALA-Keyless-Entry-Remote_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ014QQi temZ330038789709QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

davidfre21
10-17-2006, 09:48 PM
possibly, mainly because if it was that easy to add a keyless remote system. I think there would be a lot of stolen impalas lol

saywhat?
10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
just buy an alarm. my keys cost 50 for the first replacement and 75 after that...and thats just a key. the remote itself is 100+ for a replacement

buy a viper alarm for ~200 and your good to go...

dewitt88
10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
$30.00 to program a gm vehicle. I just had my grand am programed...

azbass
10-17-2006, 10:35 PM
um you can add a aftermarket keyless to your car. if you have power locks. the wires should be easy to get too. and will probably be cheeper if you go after market. then trying to go througt the dealer.

THUNDERBIRD
10-17-2006, 11:05 PM
buy an alarm probly be about the same price and will be nicer and bring ur full coverage insurance down a lil

Rattlebrain
10-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks to everyones advise. My wife is going to call the dealer in the morning. If they say it does have key-less, I may try the the E-bay thing. I think its worth the $25.00 to at least try.

Shyne151
10-18-2006, 12:34 AM
There is a way to program it yourself. Let me see if I can find the directions.

Shyne151
10-18-2006, 12:36 AM
" Important: If the vehicle has more than one keyless entry transmitter, ensure that all of the keyless entry transmitters are programmed during the same programming sequence. Any keyless entry transmitters that are not programmed will not work.

-Open the trunk.

-Pull aside the right side compartment trim in order to gain access. You will see a small black plug on the end of a black and white wire, taped to the main wiring harness with electrical tape, about half way between the base of the antenna and the rear of the car.

-Use a jumper wire with alligator clips in order to ground the RKE programming connector (make sure you have a good connection). The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the RCDLR has entered the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.

-While the programming connector is still grounded, program each of the keyless entry transmitters, one at a time. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first keyless entry transmitter. Hold the buttons for 10 seconds. The door locks will lock and unlock. This action indicates that the keyless entry transmitter has been programmed.

-Repeat Step 4 for the remaining keyless entry transmitters. You may program as many as 4 transmitters.

Remove the jumper wire from the RKE programming connector terminal.

Verify that the keyless entry transmitters operate correctly."

that's it for a 95-99 monte carlo, idk if it's the same. Probably not?

Chevyaudio
10-18-2006, 12:41 AM
hmmm...I doubt its the same. Newer GMs are a b1tch. Everytime someone comes into the shop where I work, and they want us to do something like that we send them to the dealer. Needless to say, they usually come back to us once the dealer gives them the price.

Rattlebrain
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks again everyone. Guess I may give it a shot. Hey, what do I have to loose except a few $$

97cavy
10-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Alot of the newer GM's all that is required is a new keyfob and programming

Rattlebrain
10-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Alot of the newer GM's all that is required is a new keyfob and programming

Well, my wife called the dealer with the vin number and they told her that our car was not equipped for keyless entry. So I am just going to go to a local shop and have them install one. Thanks for everyones help!! :) :)

skmfkr
10-21-2006, 07:19 PM
i just got a alarm with remote start and keyless entry from commando car alarms for like $80