PDA

View Full Version : 3 options?

hondarider
10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Alright i have 3 hu options and i'd like to know which one you would get and why.

1.http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5knUXUJtFgi/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&tab=detailed_info&i=113KDCX590#Tab

2.http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3xYjOJz2Kij/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP780

3.http://www.millionbuy.com/kenkdcx890.html

I realize that the kenwood x590 is almost $100 cheaper than the 7800 but it has most of the same sound options as the x890. And only thing the x890 doesn't have is time alignment that the 7800 has but I don't know if thats very important. And i noticed the x890 has a different 24 bit DAC. And if i chose the x890 i wouldn't buy from crutchfield so no free harnesses or a master sheet.

And how well does the usb input work on the 2 kenwood models? I've read its pretty picky about the flash drive and software.

saj21187
10-16-2006, 11:38 PM
I would go with the pioneer. Im getting the same one for my gf.

MBrock4u
10-16-2006, 11:51 PM
First of all, these are 3 excellent choices for head unit. I personally did alot of homework as well as hands on research on selecting my head unit A big factor here is how much are you willing to spend. I chose last years version of the X-590 Excelon The X-589. I will tell you that I have been very happy with my choice. It is a awesome head unit. It has the sq features of the upper Excelon's as well as most of the Pioneer's. The choice boiled down to price. With that X-590 you will save money and sacrifice very little. Time alignment is a nice feature to have but you will pay for it. You would be happy with any of the choices, but like I said how much are you willing to spend? Hope that helps.

hondarider
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
I think its between the 7800 and the x890

3 band parametric eq vs 16 band graphic eq (I know the difference between graphic and parametric but i'm not sure which would be better in my situation)

With the kenwood i'g get a usb input and with the pioneer i'd get a better screen and time alignment

Price would be about the same after i would buy a flash drive for the kenwood.

The main differences are:
USB input
Equilizer
Pioneer comes with free harness and master sheet
Time algnment

ty1er
10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
i have own the Pioneer DEH-P780MP, and currently a kenwood excelon x790.

Hands down, Kenwood excelons have far better SQ. If your running an amp with aftermarket components and want clean clean mids and highs, the excelon is the only way to go.

Now, if your looking for something with decent SQ (better then stock SQ) and a beautiful, let me repeat.... beautiful color display the DEH-P780MP is the one for you. The only thing that sux, its that it doesnt have the standard 6 radio station perset buttons on the face, or a pause button. I find that to be a pretty big drawer back.

So, if you have used pioneers in the pass and like the SQ of them, get the pioneer if you want an awsome display. But if your looking pure SQ, and dont mind that you cant see the kenwood diplay in direct sunlight, get the kenwood.

hondarider
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
i have own the Pioneer DEH-P780MP, and currently a kenwood excelon x790.

Hands down, Kenwood excelons have far better SQ. If your running an amp with aftermarket components and want clean clean mids and highs excelon is a sure bet.

I think i'm gonna go with the kenwood excelon xxv seems to have more sound options that the 7800 at an unbeatable price refurbished.

MBrock4u
10-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Humm, interesting. The 25th anniversary unit is a sweet *** head unit. I wish I had that one. Referbished though is another matter. Though the price will be great for that, I'm not a fan of referbished. It could work out just fine though. Good luck and a great choice!