PDA

View Full Version : my friends 5.0...need help

steveyblack
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
ok its 89, stage one cams, full exaust, and intake....only prob is that the head lights and cluster lights dont work(highs, warnings, and reverse work) and also the spedo dosnt work...we need to fix it for inspection...idk what it is, a ground or loose wire or a short circut...any ideas where the ground/short could be... i was thinking in the headlight switch, because that turns on both cluster and headlights....and also a headlight has a crack and a lil condensation in it...could that be the prob?????lol...

thanks

1loudsuv
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
without locking at the car in person no one is gonna be able to tell you. take it to a shop.

jeeper07
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
fuses check em all

steveyblack
10-16-2006, 08:37 PM
checked the fuses, all good, mayb behind the panel where the wires go into it?>

bonesninja
10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
those stangs are notorious for burnt switches, it's a recognized factory defect.....tell him to pop out the cluster with the turn signal handle on it (on the left side of the wheel) and disconnect all the wire clips and look down inside to see if there are any signs of melting. If so, he has to replace the whole switch assembly and possibly go to the junkyard and find the wiring harness that plugs into the switch as well. The speedo is also a known problem on that year....most likely the speedo gear, which can be bought for a couple bucks off of ebay. I have the same year car and it had both of those problems.

Lunchbocks
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
ok its 89, stage one cams,

Ok so you're already off to a bad start with lack of accurate information about the vehicle and grammar skills.

Go bask in your ignorance.