PDA

View Full Version : HP LP on my amps

krisfnbz
10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok so My friend did most of the configurating on my amps...I didnt know back then and never bothered to change them because I had assumed that he had done them right.

On my big amp to power my subs. Ive set Hp all the way down and LP all the way up. Level is all the way up. This way the lower frequencies are getting to the subs and higher are not. Correct?

On my little amp vie set Hp all the way up and LP not all the way down, but kind of in the middle. ive set level all the way up. So now my speakers are getting all of the high frequencies and getting some, but not too much bass to destroy the speakers. Correct?

acold7dusta
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
set your speaker amp to high pass filter and set it to around 80 hz - low pass filter will not affect it at all
set the sub amp to low pass filter and set it around 80 hz

set it like that and you'll notice a huge difference in SQ and response from your speakers

krisfnbz
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I just read the tutorial on exactly how to set your amps and all, and yes that would work really well. But the equipment that I have is not worth spending all of that time to configure it 100% correctly. ya know what I mean. once I get some really nice audio stuff, then I will definately be printing out that guide and doing it step by step

acold7dusta
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
dude all you have to do is turn a couple dials to 80hz

krisfnbz
10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I checked on the amp and it siad the highest it went was 60hz I think? Anyways it sounds good to me now