PDA

View Full Version : Profi Kicks....Old and stupid!

SonnyD
10-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Ok, I think I've decide on the 6.25 kicks, but I have a question. When I read the specs on these I see they require a 80hz, 12db octave highpass......my stupid question is....is that filter in addition to the xover that comes with them?
I've never had a set of components that required an additional filter to be used with their xover......or does it mean if you don't use their xover, you need that 80hz filter for the mids?
I've been out of this for a while, so I'm a little slow on some of this new equipment....plus I'm past 50:D

Regards Sonny

blue
10-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok, I think I've decide on the 6.25 kicks, but I have a question. When I read the specs on these I see they require a 80hz, 12db octave highpass......my stupid question is....is that filter in addition to the xover that comes with them?
I've never had a set of components that required an additional filter to be used with their xover......or does it mean if you don't use their xover, you need that 80hz filter for the mids?
I've been out of this for a while, so I'm a little slow on some of this new equipment....plus I'm past 50:D

Regards Sonny

It's all good Sonny :) What they are actually saying , is the Kicks don't play lower than 80hz .... You need to cross them over to play 80 hz and above with a 12db/octave slope. Any amp you use will almost positively have a x-over built into it that will allow you to do this. If not , your head unit probably will have one ...
This is COMPLETELY different than the x-over that is provided with the speakers. That x-over handles from the mid-bass to the tweeter , and NOT from mid-bass to the sub. ANY component set is going to need to be crossed over where it doesn't play sub frequencies and bottom out ... Rainbow's just telling you exactly where ( 80hz ) , and at what slope ( 12db ) ...

SonnyD
10-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Cool, Thanks:D ......Unless I buy something new, I'll probably be using my Xtant, so I'll be good to go.......I appreciate the help.

Regards Sonny