PDA

View Full Version : HU's with more slopes

jacka
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Are there any exceptional HU's out there that have up to a -24dB slope for speakers and rearstage? I know 860mp has them in network mode.. but I'm pretty sure I can't use em since I'm using a 2-way passive setup.

Prowler573
10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
(enter Prowler with his normal eXcelon recommendation...)

The XXV-01D has the option of choosing a 12dB/octave, 18dB/octave, or 24dB/octave slope for the crossover settings for front, for rear, and for the subwoofer preout each setting being independent of the others. (ergo you could set a 12dB slope for the front, an 18dB slope for the rear, and a 24dB slope for the sub if you choose)

I will assume other top-end eXcelon units have similar features such as the KDC-X889, KDC-X890, KDC-X990 but I cannot say for certain having never had my hands on any of them.

jacka
10-13-2006, 06:36 PM
ahh.. thanks for the rec, how's the SQ and tuning options on yours assuming you have one? if ya do, where'd you get it? online or dealer?

loserpunk
10-13-2006, 06:40 PM
a number will do 24db and some even higher, a pioneer p9 combo goes up to 36db i believe, the alpine h700 or 900 whatever it is does i think 36 too

explorer2
10-13-2006, 06:45 PM
my x889 has up to 24

Prowler573
10-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, I run an XXV-01D. Full details on it can be found here (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2grrrh5AiM5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&tab=detailed_info&i=113xxv01d#Tab).
As far as where I got it, online or dealer, the answer is yes to both.
I bought one from Crutchfield (the only factory-authorized online source for eXcelon gear) for a Christmas present to myself at the end of '05 after returning from Australia and then a couple of months later a local car detailing place screwed up the display (scratches on the faceplate that were not present when I arrived there) and after a rather heated discussion with the manager of said establishment they were forced to replace it and I sold the cosmetically flawed one to lostsoul here on the forum.

I have been a die-hard Kenwood loyalist for many years when it comes to headunits and that's the only brand of HU I have run for a great long while now. In more recent years I got into the eXcelon units. The XXV-01D was an upgrade from the KDC-X679 I ran previously and an A/B comparo with the rest of my setup remaining static only changing the HU the difference in SQ, to me anyway, was night and day. (bear in mind I liked the X679 just fine but this XXV-01D is in a different league altogether)

As far as tuning options go the internal crossover network (as can be seen detailed in the link I posted) is good. It offers time alignment as well as some other goodies and appearance-wise it looks fabulous.

MBrock4u
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM
WOW!! It has been a long time since I looked at all of the features on that 25th anniversey unit. That is amazing. As a fellow Excelon user and I do love mine, I really wish I had that one. O well. If you decide to get that Excelon, I'm sure you will be happy with it.