PDA

View Full Version : Advice on decks around $200

vincentp83
10-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I'm looking at upgrading my deck in my 01 Impreza RS, because the stock system is rather lousy. I was buying some speakers, and on the advice of an installer, I decided to purchase 6.5" alpine coaxial speakers. I know they're budget speakers but I did have a budget to keep within.

Now I need to buy a deck. In the past, I've always bought Pioneer products and had no problems with them, but I would like to try something different, or better this time around. There are a few main things I'm looking for in this purchase.

1. Sound Quality - I know I'm only spending around 200 bucks, but I want the absolute best sound quality for this price. Sure, it's subjective to a degree, but having the option for things like a 5,7, or higher band EQ is important to me, as is basic sound quality on both normal CDs and MP3 files.

2. Appearance - Secondary, of course. If there are a few different units that fit the bill, I will probably choose based on my opinion of its looks.

I've been doing a little bit of research but I don't know much. I'm going to buy from Crutchfield for sure, and these are the models I've considered thus far. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
Kenwood KDC-X590
Panasonic CQ-C8303U

Paddywad
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
I would go with the kenwood h/u. It has excellent sound quality for the price. Plus it has alot of sound options. I installed a kdc-mp4028 in my step-son's Honda about a year ago, it doesn't have as many features as the X590 but it made the speakers in his car sound much more alive and realistic, once I setup the h/u to the car.

Bspeltback
10-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I've got a Pioneer DEH- P5200 for 125, I've had it for a few months and I've never had a problem with it. If you want it, PM me.

explorer2
10-10-2006, 05:29 PM
get a kenwood, but you can do better than that one for under 200, I got a kdc-x889 for just under $190 shipped.