PDA

View Full Version : Sub Output question on the 860 Premier

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 01:52 AM
My buddy just got a pioneer 860. When you go into the Audio menu and try and make adjustments to the sub it won't adjust. it won't turn off, it won't adjust the output..... i dunno wtf is up.

I have double checked the sub RCA is hooked upto the correct output.

It also sounds like ****, its like the entire range of frequencies is trying to be put out the sub.... something's messed up but I'm not sure what....

Any ideas?

supa_c
10-10-2006, 01:55 AM
You have the subs hooked up into the wrong RCA jack. Its quite obvious
Try the other 2 and im shure you will find what you are looking for

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 01:59 AM
You have the subs hooked up into the wrong RCA jack. Its quite obvious
Try the other 2 and im shure you will find what you are looking for

I have double checked the sub RCA is hooked upto the correct output.

I have double checked the sub RCA is hooked upto the correct output....

Bspeltback
10-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Did you set the HU for the sub output on? I know in my 5200 I had to turn it on before I could change the sound.

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Did you set the HU for the sub output on? I know in my 5200 I had to turn it on before I could change the sound.

See, that's what I thought too. I know on a lot of other pioneers you have a few options regarding that.... I checked this one for any options and havn't found anything....

supa_c
10-10-2006, 02:04 AM
If you tried every set then i dont know, if you only tried the sub one then try the others

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 02:06 AM
If you tried every set then i dont know, if you only tried the sub one then try the others

There's only one sub output man... there's a front, rear, and sub output.

The front and rear are hooked upto the four channel, and the sub (non fader) is hooked to the mono

MisterGrubbs
10-10-2006, 02:08 AM
I've owned several pioneer including a 8600 and never had the problem you're saying, OTHER than(as supa c said) some jackass hooked up my RCA's wrong

Look through the menu again, there should be a place where it says SUBW or somethign to the extent and you should be able to push in the knob and then adjust frequencies, all that comes to mind and both have been covered

MisterGrubbs
10-10-2006, 02:09 AM
On the 860 there should be what, a Front, Rear, and a Subw, IIRC

If you've hooked it up to the Subw output, either the unit is defective or you havnt turned on the sub via control yet :-)

supa_c
10-10-2006, 02:10 AM
There's only one sub output man... there's a front, rear, and sub output.

The front and rear are hooked upto the four channel, and the sub (non fader) is hooked to the mono

Did you try them ?

azbass
10-10-2006, 02:11 AM
id pull all the rca's out execpt the sub one, and work from there..

supa_c
10-10-2006, 02:13 AM
^ bingo

dkguitarist
10-10-2006, 04:24 AM
also, what mode do you have it in? (there's a little switch on the hu that you can flip and you can put it in network mode or something else). depending on which one you have it on, limits your crossover slopes, and some other features on there.

supa_c
10-10-2006, 04:29 AM
That wouldnt make a difference
It doesnt limit anything either, it opens it all up :)

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Alright, I figured out what the problem was.

Whenever you turn the radio on, switch sources, turn the volume ALL the way down to 0, stuff like that the speakers make a huge POP.

we put in some filters inline with the front and rear outputs. it stopped the pop. It also, for some wierd reason, disabled that option for the sub.... I pulled the filters out and the sub sounds good, turns on and off, and is adjustable by the deck... WTF.

I tried regrounding the deck Elsewhere to the chassis and it still makes the poping noise...

anyone have any ideas?

brents
10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I have never had problems with a pioneer deck but over on CarAudioCentral there is a thread discussing this. Apperantly, this is one of the few Pioneer defects there are.

Justin89T
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I have never had problems with a pioneer deck but over on CarAudioCentral there is a thread discussing this. Apperantly, this is one of the few Pioneer defects there are.

would you mind posting up a link?

Another thing we just noticed, whenever it makes the pop, his engine revs up to compensate.... Even if its the pop of turning it all the way down....

even one more thing... When the filters are out, and we turn the sub off on the deck, it still moves ever so slightly....

I've installed more pioneers than I can count over the past 5 years, and I have NEVER had this sort of problem....

I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to run constant and ground straight to the battery and see what that does.... I'm out of any other ideas :\

Justin89T
10-12-2006, 01:57 AM
eh, turns out the deck is just all ****ered up... I swapped in a CD5000 today and ALL the problems went away. :(

stupid, this deck is BRAND new

bikejunkie223
10-12-2006, 02:16 AM
that is very odd, I have the same deck for the last 2 years and have never had any issues. I was going to suggest you might have had the crossover too high, but if you have it on the sub rca's the highest it can be set is 150hz I think. You got a wierd on, hope you didn't buy it off ebay...

Justin89T
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
heh, its a friends... I have a 9800 I bought straight from Pioneer :)

I am pretty sure he got it from an authorized dealer, not 100% though.

that is very odd, I have the same deck for the last 2 years and have never had any issues. I was going to suggest you might have had the crossover too high, but if you have it on the sub rca's the highest it can be set is 150hz I think. You got a wierd on, hope you didn't buy it off ebay...

loserpunk
10-13-2006, 06:46 PM
could be part of pio's ground output problem they had w/ 860's and a few others a year or so ago