PDA

View Full Version : Quick HU wiring question

JiggaD369
10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Just got a 880. Is it safe to wire the constant 12v wire (Yellow with fuse and box) directly to the battery or do I need to put somethign in between?

brandontw
10-10-2006, 07:58 PM
one of the wires whould go directly to battery power, probably that one.

EzekialPhoenix
10-10-2006, 10:30 PM
definitely put in an inline fuse in the wire just to be safe, something like 20 amps

Prowler573
10-14-2006, 05:24 AM
definitely put in an inline fuse in the wire just to be safe, something like 20 amps
Considering the factory fuse that HU is equipped with is a 10a fuse I would suggest putting a 20a fuse inline on the power lead would do next to nothing should a current spike go down that line...

AJē06
10-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Considering the factory fuse that HU is equipped with is a 10a fuse I would suggest putting a 20a fuse inline on the power lead would do next to nothing should a current spike go down that line...

:confused:
Its too early in the morning...

audiobahnuser18
10-14-2006, 08:08 PM
put in a inline fuse man just to be safe with all of it could **** up the Hu maybe if it doesn't have one never know id say go with an inline in between just to be on the safe side:)

XTRProBoy
10-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Fuse on the radio end (or in the radio's harness) will protect the radio, but putting a fuse on the other end (nearer to the battery) is to protect the battery and the vehicle (and against the wire going on fire from the other side, lol).

Really the wire gauge you'd be using would probably melt (and the fuse on the radio side would blow) before anything would happen to the car's electrical system or the car; but it's not a bad idea anyway and generally you do want to follow proper convention that says to fuse any wire coming directly from the positive battery, within a reasonable distance.