PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9856 and Ipod ....question...

Notalent2002
10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
So I have the interface cable hooked up. Is there anyway to control the Ipod from the Ipod itself...??? It ***** controlling it through the stereo!!!!:mad:

pitbull12888
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
spend some of that < around where u live and i bet someone will show u pimpin lol

Notalent2002
10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
spend some of that < around where u live and i bet someone will show u pimpin lol

Haha...fock NO!...there all over priced and just try to sell you what ever piece of crap they have and mark it up...fockin wanna be huslers!:mad: :D

gsxrjjordan
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
no, when u use the ipod adapter with any of the new head units, they take control of the ipod away from the ipod. If you want to control the ipod from the ipod (faster, but not as slick while you're driving), get the Belkin Ipod adapter (cig lighter for power, which I hard-wired in, and a headphone out jack from the ipod's dock connector) and an Aux adapter (plugs into the back of the HU and gives you two RCAs) like I did.

I'll swap ya if you want, I'm interested in the Ipod adapter but have spent more on my setup than it costs lol.