PDA

View Full Version : Image

DoobieBrother
10-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I've gotten my new components and am considering a couple of things: placement and wiring decision.

1 - Tweeter location. I'll experiment with it to see what sounds best, but I'd like you guys to take a look at the pics I've posted a link to and tell me what you think. The two locations I'm contemplating are - stock position in the doors next to the mids...or in the pillars around eye level. The thing about the pillars is their shape. Note in the pics that it angle in to the glass. Basically, I'd be using pretty much a reflected image from the glass. These are Focal 165V2's, so I can adjust the crossover they come with if necessary. Which brings me to my next question.

2 - wiring. I have a choice, I guess, and being a newb, I'm not sure what is best. I am kind of a set it and forget it guy. Once I get it all dialed in, I probably won't tweak much. Here's the thing. I have an 880PRS, so I can run active, assuming that works in 2 way like it does in 3 way. I'm going to run a JBL 755.6ii amp, so it's give me either 160 x 2 if I use the crossovers, or 60 x 4 if I run active and adjust it all at the head unit. Thoughts on what would be best route?

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/diungerich/GMCinterior/?sc=1&addtype=local

Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ;)

ETA - BTW, I'll be angling the mids up with angled mdf rings most likely, and can angle the tweeters a bit with their hardware too.

DoobieBrother
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Anyone?

ramos
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Prob have heard what I'm gonna tell ya . :D Get some double sided tape and or Velcro, and play around with mounting angles . Different vehicles 'stage' differently even with identical equipment. Active usually gives you more precise control over crossover , but you also could use the time alignment more effectively running active :)