PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Alarm Problems

grtn316
10-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Last night, I was installng the compustar 2wss-as in my friends 95 gmc sierra. After i had most of the harnesses installed, I decided to test it out and make sure it worked. I connected the main harness, the ignition output harness, sensing harness, led harness and antenna harness.

Then, I tried to program the remote. The manual said (it was late i could have done this wrong) to turn the key 5 times in 10 seconds and then push the 1st button on the remote. I tried this several times and nothing happened. There were no clicking sounds. lights flashing...nothing. I then tested to voltage to the brain and its getting power.

Am I missing something? Possibly a different way to program the remote or is the brain dead?

Shyne151
10-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Not familar with compustar... is there a valet or programming button?

grtn316
10-08-2006, 12:53 AM
No button...

I tried turning the key on and off 5 times and then putting the battery in the remote. At this point its supposed to find the brain and work. I tried it a dozen times and it didnt work.

thatkidbob
10-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Recheck connections... i'd focus on the ignition harness.

Also, does the alarm have a good solid ground?

What did you make your connections with? tap ins?

grtn316
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Recheck connections... i'd focus on the ignition harness.

Also, does the alarm have a good solid ground?

What did you make your connections with? tap ins?

All connections are soldered. I have also tested all connections in the harness with a volt meter at the brain. EVERYTHING is getting the correct voltage. I can also see voltage change on the ignition wire when turning on/off the ignition.