PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Viper 791XV remote

fatryan
10-05-2006, 12:44 AM
I have a viper 790xv on my blazer. well i dropped the remote 1 too many times and it stopped working. i got a replacement remote from the 791XV (it works with the 790xv too). and its got some instructions on the back of the package, but they arent very clear. it meantions plugging the valet button into some blue thing. i have no idea what its taking about. it also explains the "program" button thats on the back of the remote, but it doesnt mention using the button when programming the remote. can any1 help me program this thing?

ravendarat
10-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Do you know where the program button under the dash is?

fatryan
10-05-2006, 12:50 AM
well while trying to fix some crap this summer, i noticed a very small button just stuffed up there, but it wasnt labled. but the installer put a button by the fuses. said it was the valet button. i think theyre 2 different buttons though

Justin89T
10-05-2006, 02:05 AM
on the second page.....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182797

go to my last post.

fatryan
10-05-2006, 02:19 AM
ok, thats what it says on the back of my package...but what does "In order to enter the Learn Routine, the system's Valet/Program switch must be plugged into the BLUE port" mean? and what exactly does the valet button look like? the place that had installed it placed it right by my fuses. but due to recent work i did on my truck, i think the button might not be there anymore, ha ha. also, it says in step 4..."While holding the Valet/Program button, press the button from the transmitter you wish to assign to that channel", is this programming the entire remote or just each button?

fatryan
10-05-2006, 04:07 AM
chello?

Justin89T
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
ok, thats what it says on the back of my package...but what does "In order to enter the Learn Routine, the system's Valet/Program switch must be plugged into the BLUE port" mean? and what exactly does the valet button look like? the place that had installed it placed it right by my fuses. but due to recent work i did on my truck, i think the button might not be there anymore, ha ha. also, it says in step 4..."While holding the Valet/Program button, press the button from the transmitter you wish to assign to that channel", is this programming the entire remote or just each button?

Its just a stupid way of saying your valet button needs to be plugged in.

Just press the lock button, that will instil the default configuration

fatryan
10-05-2006, 03:02 PM
ok cool. im gonna go try it in a bit, ill let you know, thanx :)

fatryan
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
ok, the valet button isnt by the fuses anymore, lol. so its prolly stuffed up in my dash. but just so i know, what exactly does it look like?

Justin89T
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
its a small black push button attatched to a grey and black set of wires

fatryan
10-05-2006, 06:31 PM
is it round or square button?

fatryan
10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
ok well i found it and tried it and all it did was program the lock button to lock/unlock. nothing else was programmed. so i went back to the place that installed it, and for some weird reason, it needed to be programed on channel 8. well it works now, so thanx