PDA

View Full Version : VW Touareg

naiku
10-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone owned or driven one of these? I am planning on replacing my truck next year, I need an SUV for various reasons and tbh there are not many that I like.

I realize they all have crappy MPG, but then my truck only gets 18MPG highway. I am also looking at the Infiniti FX45 (any opinions?) but it looks kinda small in the rear and I need room in the back. I thought about looking at the newer shape Range Rover, but it's the most expensive and has the worst MPG of the bunch.

Any opinions on the VW? It would be one of the V8's from 2003/2004.

Depending on the money available next year though I just looked at prices for the Porshe Cayenne S and they can be had for $30 - $40k for a 2003/2004 model, pretty ugly looking SUV but might be very tempted!! :D

Eugenics
10-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone owned or driven one of these? I am planning on replacing my truck next year, I need an SUV for various reasons and tbh there are not many that I like.

I realize they all have crappy MPG, but then my truck only gets 18MPG highway. I am also looking at the Infiniti FX45 (any opinions?) but it looks kinda small in the rear and I need room in the back. I thought about looking at the newer shape Range Rover, but it's the most expensive and has the worst MPG of the bunch.

Any opinions on the VW? It would be one of the V8's from 2003/2004.

Depending on the money available next year though I just looked at prices for the Porshe Cayenne S and they can be had for $30 - $40k for a 2003/2004 model, pretty ugly looking SUV but might be very tempted!! :D

Dont know about the VW, but when i test drove the FX45 it was a rocket and has the sharpest turning of any suv (and most cars) i have ever driven. It was also a rocket, the 20's are very sharp looking as well. You are correct though, there is very little storage room and if you load stuff in and out of the rear you will scratch teh hell out of the bumper because it has nothing to guard it (so that would be an add on for you) assuming you rest the stuff there... which i do.

grayfox587
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
get the traiblazer ss :drool:

badandyturbo
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
We have a 2005 V8 Toureag in the drive way now. The thing is awesome. Fast, smooth, quiet, can pull a house. The fx is nice but it is still a nissan murano at heart. The VW is a smart mans Cayenne. Just stay away from the 2004's they have some querky issues.

Eugenics
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
We have a 2005 V8 Toureag in the drive way now. The thing is awesome. Fast, smooth, quiet, can pull a house. The fx is nice but it is still a nissan murano at heart. The VW is a smart mans Cayenne. Just stay away from the 2004's they have some querky issues.

you might have a point.

naiku
10-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Glad you mentioned about the 2004 having issues, most of the reviews online I read listed all kinds of electrical problems. Will look at 2005's instead, since I don't plan to change vehicle until next year anyway 2005 prices will come down a little more.

What sort of MPG does the 2005 average in real world terms?

badandyturbo
10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I average about 17-18. On 87 octane.