PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Reference Comps? Worth it?

myflow
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
My jeep came stock with inifinity gold series fronts and rears. Those speakers are falling apart, being 10 years old. So I need some new ones to replace them. I'm thinking about getting these from best buy. Just because I don't have time to install stuff myself with how much I work, and how I choose to spend my rare free time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7730173&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03076&id=1140392384331

Anyone have any opinions on them? I'm looking for something that can sing over my 15" L7. I'm probably just going to go with a front stage, since my rear speakers work just fine. The only problem is that my infinity golds are hooked up to a stock amp. Well, at least I think that may be a problem. Any input?

Thanks.

Towncar
10-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Never cared for infinity highs. My first set of highs were the references, and they killed my ears. Very harsh, ide look elsewhere.

skydeaner
10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I concur with the harsh tweeter statement although I had infinity reference coaxes, not components they were murder to listen to.

myflow
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Never cared for infinity highs. My first set of highs were the references, and they killed my ears. Very harsh, ide look elsewhere.

Well, best buy also sells the type-r comp set. A bit pricey, but that's my alternative. They sell dual products, too. Maybe I should check those out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, how are the type-r comps? The subs are good, I know. Even if they are overrated by the populace. Haven't heard much on the 6's, though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6983507&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03076&id=1099388651456

Oh, and edit: I want a pair of speakers that's going to be very clear. I listen to a little hiphop, and a lot of harder rock. The rock I listen to has a lot of noise, and I've noticed if played on middle-of-the-line speakers, you can't really hear it clearly. So I'd like a nice smooth yet clean sounding set of speakers. Nothing too sharp on the ears.

Towncar
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I say check out the type s components. They sound good for the price point. I sold a ton of them at the shop.

myflow
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
you know you can buy at stores other than worst-buy...

I'm open to suggestions. I just know that best buy is good with warranties and installs around here. I don't know about other best buys, but I know the installers personally here. They do a very nice job. :)

But yeah, just hit me up with any ideas. Like I said, just looking for a nice clean-sounding comp set, and don't have time to install myself. Nor do I know anyone that would install them for me. For cheap, anyway. =(

MBrock4u
10-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Since your looking at getting speakers at Best Buy, I would look at the type S Alpines as well. Good speakers.

BaseSteala112
10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
You can try CC. They sell kicker, eclipse, and the MTX comps should be hitting the shelves real soon.

alteraudiousa
10-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd look elsewhere all together. Type R are way above the Type S. Type S lack emphasis in the highs. Type Rs are better all around and comparable to the kenwood Excelon components. Personally I'd look at CDT and other companies out there. If you are interested in CDT PM me and i'll set you up.

Jared530
10-04-2006, 01:14 AM
what about the infinity kappa components??

alteraudiousa
10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
no infinitey *****. Terrible tweeters in all the series, decent for a major chain store brand but I'd look into other companies if I were you.

Ignatowski
10-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Ha,200 bucks for those POS......
Buy some crystals,save your ears and have leftover cash for
dinner 4 2