PDA

View Full Version : 400 Dollars for speakers? Help plz?

Bloodhound34
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey, I have a budget of 400 dollars for some speakers for my car. I have a 1998 Camaro. I don't remember what size the speakers are, but I know 6spdcoupe has some Rainbows I might be interested in. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone knows of a classifieds thread, website, ebay auction, anything as long as I can get some pretty decent speakers for under 400. I listen to a lot of rap and metal so bass is definately important.

BTW for wiring up subs, an amp, and speakers how much would you expect to spend on wiring?

leonsv
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey, I have a budget of 400 dollars for some speakers for my car. I have a 1998 Camaro. I don't remember what size the speakers are, but I know 6spdcoupe has some Rainbows I might be interested in. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone knows of a classifieds thread, website, ebay auction, anything as long as I can get some pretty decent speakers for under 400. I listen to a lot of rap and metal so bass is definately important.

BTW for wiring up subs, an amp, and speakers how much would you expect to spend on wiring?

Just get a set of rainbow cmx from 6spd, great midbass with metal tweet so good for metal....

alsobefore i can tell you how much wires would cost, you have to tell me:

# of subs _____

# of amps _____

rms of each amp _____

subwoofer configuration _____

where the amp (s) will be mounted _____

# of speakers (components counts as 2) _____

What is your maximum budget for wires ______

Would you care how the wires look? ______

Would you be increasing the total rms of the system in the future? _____

is so to how many watts rms? _____

if you give me these information, i can help you:)

jeeper07
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
ive got some comps for sale for 400 shipped cdt hd 62 bnib and in plastic

Pr0d1gy
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
You can also get some brand new oZ ME 180CS comps for under $400 from adisdar, they sound incredible.

Bloodhound34
10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
# of subs 2

# of amps 1 or 2

rms of each amp 500(x2 amps) or 1000(1)

subwoofer configuration (IDK what this means? I'm pretty sure this has something to do with how they're wired and the ohms n stuff but not sure)

where the amp (s) will be mounted In my trunk

# of speakers (components counts as 2) 2

What is your maximum budget for wires w/e it takes to look good

Would you care how the wires look? Yes..

Would you be increasing the total rms of the system in the future? No

Lckmyblls
10-05-2006, 05:52 PM
chechk out some exile xtecs.....

headless
10-05-2006, 07:07 PM
450$ for a pair of Rainbow Germaniums. Do it.

probmxstyle
10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I would go with these Boston Pros, just gotta run them off a amp of course

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1078

iriejp1
10-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Go listen to some Hertz HSK 165's. You'll be amazed. I was...And this was after I was rolling my eyes while listening to the guy on the phone gush over them...Believe it.

iriejp1
10-06-2006, 12:27 AM
BTW...I am coming off of having Boston Pros. I blew the driver. I found the tweets a little bright for my taste. But that's completely subjective. Other than that they were awesome. Very clear.