PDA

View Full Version : Cadence vs HD-62's - Which for new Setup?

MisterGrubbs
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Not sure what sub setup I'm going to run, but I decided to do it right so here we go lol

Component amp is going to be a 850.4 Kicker, so it's 175x4 to play with here

Should I check into the HD-62's, which I've never heard but have heard incredible reviews about

Or should I look into a set of Cadence CVL-6K's

I've heard Cadence's lineup from a few years back that would be equivalent to the 6k's, and they sounded wonderful and were pretty loud, but I almost wanna try out the HD's

Opinions?

MisterGrubbs
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm suprised, no help and no ******** comments yet, lol

Thieroff
10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I run the HDs, I like them, good midbass excellent midrange, and the drt 25's are a nice set of tweets, smooth and laid back

CT

alteraudiousa
10-03-2006, 03:39 PM
i've never been impressed with Cadence speakers, more their amps which have gone a little sketchy on the design. Their price can be good which makes them a better budget buy but the HD's will do quite well you for. PM me if you have any questions about them and i'll set you up. just don't call right now as i'm out of town in meetings for the next two weeks unless you want a call at like 10pm EST.

djman37
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I've only used the CDT's. Loved them. I haven't seen Cadence higher end stuff, what I HAVE seen looks swap-meetish.

Intercooler
10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I keep seeing the HD's mentioned. Why not go with the M-6's in a set? I would have had mine up and running in the three-way setup but I needed an adapter to get the right angle in the door since they wouldn't fit (1/8" to the window). By next week though it will be thumping!

WhoSayWho?
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I keep seeing the HD's mentioned. Why not go with the M-6's in a set? I would have had mine up and running in the three-way setup but I needed an adapter to get the right angle in the door since they wouldn't fit (1/8" to the window). By next week though it will be thumping!

Me thinks you will never get the M-6's in. I keep waiting and waiting. it is always next week. :crap:

Intercooler
10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Nope, got a call today saying the adapters are in! I drop the car off tomorrow evening for the install so by Friday evening I will have it back and can give the details Friday night. I will ask them to take some pictures of them when installed if they have time. I am sure you just want to know how they play more than anything though. I can't wait!