PDA

View Full Version : Illinois or surrounding states sound boards/ your car?

skydeaner
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
I need to audition component sets to get an idea of what I am going to get and to learn my wife on what good systems sound like hehe. She thinks it can't get any better than what I have now (prerockford mb quart reference components 120x2rms pioneer amp) and although it sounds good, I find it way too harsh. So if any of you guys know of a shop that has rainbows, crystal mobile, cdt, jl, a/d/s, any other high end brand, or if you have them in your car and we could take a listen sometime and you live in the state of illinois or in the next state over in any direction let me listen please! I love driving so if you are 5 hours away or less its all good. I live in champaign illinois and there are no audio shops around here worth a ****. Where are some maybe in chicago that have a big soundboard with some good brands of components?

kublkmax
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
If you wanna come to USAC world finals in KC next month you can here my Rainbows. Here in the Midwest there is no shop that carries Rainbow I don't think any of them carrie CDT. I can find focal at a few shops here.

crazy4ozs
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
WO HO! KC! represent the 816 for world finals!

skydeaner
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
So let me get this right for the drive... because that was a really good suggestion :)

Kansas city, MO.... It's on the border of kansas and missouri right? Kinda like east st. louis is in illinois? The fact that it has the word kansas in it kinda throws me off.

Looks like it will only be about a 6 hour drive for me, so I'll definitely show up. Do I have to pay to get in?