PDA

View Full Version : 6x9's in rear deck

pw91686
10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I have a 97 Volvo 960, everything in there right now is stock. I am about to get my head unit installed. I don't have the money to replace the door speakers, but the stock ones aren't bad, so that's not a big deal to me. One of my rear deck 6x9's is busted though, so I need new ones. Here is the dilemma though, I was thinking of getting either a new pair of 6x9's for the rear deck, or putting a pair of tang band 6x9" subs back there? In your opinion, what should I do? If I go with 6x9 co-axials, I was thinking of getting some of those vibe audio square 6x9's or if anyone else on here has some 6x9's that produce good bass, let me know. In your opinion, what should I do, co-axials or subs?

krisfnbz
10-03-2006, 11:50 AM
If you like the bass and dont care about the people in the back seat of your car then go with the bass but if you want an overall sound then go with the 6x9's? I jut bought a pair of eclipses 8495 6x9 for $80 including shipping....and they are magnificent!

just my 2 cents

ItalynStylion
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I think the real question that will make the decision for you is; Are you amping the speakers?
If not I would go with some Alpine Type S 6x9's since they run great off headunit power. If you decide to amp them then maybe the tangbands are a consideration...

pw91686
10-03-2006, 02:50 PM
the speakers are definitely going to be amped no matter if i go with co-axials or subs. I have a sub amp right now I could use for subs but those vibe audio square co-axials are really tempting just because they are different. I wish there was someone on here that had some experience with them.