PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose between these 3 comps

skydeaner
10-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Crystal SSCS6

Alpine Type X 6.5's

Diamond 661's

Now a lil something about my musical tastes. I hate harsh tweeters. I have mb quarts right now and absolutely despise how bright the tweets are. I even find the cdt tweets that come with the EDi6500 component set to be too bright for me. So if you have heard one of the component sets above, give me some feedback and tell me what you think about the tweeters and the rest of the set in general. I also like my music very loud. I find that the mb quart premium set I have now doesn't get loud enough for me before it starts distorting if that is any comparison for ya.

alteraudiousa
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
you need to image your tweets better if you don't like the EDI set. Also you can get the DRT-25 silk tweeter which is a 1in silk tweet which is very nice and detailed without being overbearing. What budget do you have for your components? I am a CDT dealer and can get you any set to match your budget.

skydeaner
10-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I tried the tweets in a lot of different positions and still didn't like them. And after about 80 watts they sounded terrible. It kinda scares me away from cdt. And the mids didn't seem as detailed as the MB quart Rsb series (old school before rockford buyout) i had in there before.