PDA

View Full Version : Best speakers I could get? 6.5"

boomer
10-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok, so im starting to get into this car audio thing, I like it alot. Origionally I was just going to get a headunit so I can play CD's but then I figured I might aswell just get everything aswell. Now, Im no money banks here, Im 17 and work 7 days a week. I have practically no money in the bank (Im a horriable spender, after buying a dirtbike, snowboard, and all the gear, I was broke for awhile) So now the only money I have is comming in from my paychecks.

Anyway, I bought a headunit off of thatkidbob the other day, got a great deal on it so im happy. But today after work, Im thinking of stopping by at circuit city or PC richards (or hell I might even go to some car audio places if I can remember where the nearest one is) and getting a few speakers for my truck. I need, 2 4" in the dash (not worrying about them yet), and 4 6.5" in each door.

I don't want to spend a fortune, because this is my first system and I will eventually upgrade. Im going to have like $250 to spend, but I deffinatly don't want to spend it all on speakers.

Any suggestions? Im a total noob at this stuff. Thanks guys.. And sorry for babbling on and on, im pretty excited :D

BTW - Im probably going to end up wiring this stuff up myself with alittle help from my friends, is it that hard to wire up? (Never wired up anything in a car myself, but im not an idiot, I catch on quick)

kublkmax
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I would check the for sale section for coaxs or some comps that people are selling. On a tight budget that would be a good start. I know pioneer makes some descent coaxs but not sure about how much they would cost you. wiring is easy.

Towncar
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok, so im starting to get into this car audio thing, I like it alot. Origionally I was just going to get a headunit so I can play CD's but then I figured I might aswell just get everything aswell. Now, Im no money banks here, Im 17 and work 7 days a week. I have practically no money in the bank (Im a horriable spender, after buying a dirtbike, snowboard, and all the gear, I was broke for awhile) So now the only money I have is comming in from my paychecks.

Anyway, I bought a headunit off of thatkidbob the other day, got a great deal on it so im happy. But today after work, Im thinking of stopping by at circuit city or PC richards (or hell I might even go to some car audio places if I can remember where the nearest one is) and getting a few speakers for my truck. I need, 2 4" in the dash (not worrying about them yet), and 4 6.5" in each door.

I don't want to spend a fortune, because this is my first system and I will eventually upgrade. Im going to have like $250 to spend, but I deffinatly don't want to spend it all on speakers.

Any suggestions? Im a total noob at this stuff. Thanks guys.. And sorry for babbling on and on, im pretty excited :D

BTW - Im probably going to end up wiring this stuff up myself with alittle help from my friends, is it that hard to wire up? (Never wired up anything in a car myself, but im not an idiot, I catch on quick)

Check ur pm

Jacobman
10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey im loving my Coax Alpine type-s, you could buy 2 sets and possibly have enough money leftover for a 50rmsx4 amp for them.

boomer
10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Im thinking of going with infinity, my friend just picked up a set for $112. Any info on them? Thanks

krisfnbz
10-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey dude.... First off I would tell you not to buy ANYTHING in a retail store. the cheapest your going to find stuff especially audio stuff would be ebay(NEW not used). If you dont want to go with ebay you can find sites like sonicelectronics.com and such that still sell below retail prices, but are higher than ebay. For example

I jsut bought a pair of eclipse 8495 6x9's for $80 including shipping on ebay. Sonic electronics.com was about $100 or so with shipping, and if you went to best buy to get them(which I dont even know if they carry them) youd probably spend near 200$ for them.

2nd I would go with a good pair of comps... as I learned a little while back their is no best 6.5 speakers... if your in a budget...you can go with some MB quartz comps.

I got my whole system for about 400-$500 dollars or so...so with $250 you can most certainly buy alot.

6spdcoupe
10-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Ahh your in NJ? I may be able to help, but dunno bout that budget...

jdmteg2nv
10-03-2006, 03:02 AM
check out the Pioneer Rev's....you can hear them at CC