PDA

View Full Version : crimestopper vs venom

nismboy6986
12-25-2002, 01:47 AM
which alarm is better a crimestopper CS2011RS or venom Delta? i found the delta at woofersect.com for 169 dollars and the crimestopper at cardiscountsereos for 90 dollars so you already know which one i'm leaning towards. the venom only seems better because it has onboard power window control and paging but with that price difference the relay for power window control isn't going to hurt. but i'm also thinking about the time proven statement "you get what you pay for" too. both have remote start, onboard ignition disable and basic alarm features but i don't know which one would be better as in quality. isn't the venom made by directed electronics?

RangerMan
12-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by nismboy6986
which alarm is better a crimestopper CS2011RS or venom Delta? i found the delta at woofersect.com for 169 dollars and the crimestopper at cardiscountsereos for 90 dollars so you already know which one i'm leaning towards. the venom only seems better because it has onboard power window control and paging but with that price difference the relay for power window control isn't going to hurt. but i'm also thinking about the time proven statement "you get what you pay for" too. both have remote start, onboard ignition disable and basic alarm features but i don't know which one would be better as in quality. isn't the venom made by directed electronics?

The Venom is better, and worth the price difference.

nismboy6986
12-27-2002, 05:52 PM
only problem is already spent most of my money and can only afford the crimestopper now. but neither woofers ect. or cardiscountstereos have email ed me back concerning any extra relays i might need. but the crimestopper still is a good unit right?

TheGrimReaperKD
01-04-2003, 01:31 PM
The way I see it, better to have any kind of alarm than nothing..

nismboy6986
01-28-2003, 09:34 PM
well an alarm is like power wire. power wire is power wire and a alarm is a alarm. as far as the main purpose of an alarm my alarm which is to protect your car, my alarm is just as good as a viper 800 ESP. as long as its not one of those all in one siren alarms and atleast has starter disable.

CarAudioAddict
01-29-2003, 01:42 AM
Crimestopper makes excellent alarm systems.

I own a cs-2001, and the only problem I've had is it is too sensitive. Even at min sensativity, the alarm will still go off just from some guy brushing against the car.