PDA

View Full Version : WTB: SanDisk card..Microcard? The one for Cell Phones

dubrx
09-27-2006, 08:24 PM
yea do not know exactly what it is called but anyways I am looking for a SanDisk memory card.

The ones you can put in phones to store MP3's, pictures, or videos

Also would need an adapter for it but if its just the card I might still buy it.

New ones on ebay are around $30-35 for 512mb and $40-45 for 1gig I believe the 256mb's are in the $20-25 shipped. So I am looking for something less than those prices. Thanks guys.

Oh yea it is going in a Motorola V710 phone, I think most are universal but thought I would throw that just in case some are not.

lpman18
09-27-2006, 09:33 PM
you would need a transflash card... just letting you know

dubrx
09-27-2006, 10:09 PM
great. thanks for the help.

anyone got one?

OneKrazyKeebler
09-29-2006, 12:16 AM
you would need a transflash card... just letting you know

Wrong. The best thing to do is just get the usb adapter. Transfers way faster and easier. Just to help ya out.

johnecon2001
09-29-2006, 02:54 AM
Wrong. The best thing to do is just get the usb adapter. Transfers way faster and easier. Just to help ya out.

The OP wants to store stuff on his phone. Not get it off.

The cards on ebay are cheaper quality than most. Good luck getting a decent card for that price.

AJē06
09-29-2006, 03:30 AM
Dotn alll those little flash cards work?

DaveT
09-29-2006, 06:14 AM
check the phones manual and see if it takes micro SD cards if it dos I have a 512mb sandisk micro SD

dubrx
09-29-2006, 03:21 PM
how are the ones on ebay cheap junk..they are top of the line brands, just because its on ebay doesnt make it crap, I believe it does take micro SD cards but will check it out to be certain tonight, thanks.

johnecon2001
09-29-2006, 03:32 PM
The OP wants to store stuff on his phone. Not get it off.

The cards on ebay are cheaper quality than most. Good luck getting a decent card for that price.

how are the ones on ebay cheap junk..they are top of the line brands, just because its on ebay doesnt make it crap, I believe it does take micro SD cards but will check it out to be certain tonight, thanks.

View my response again. The no name brands other than say scandisk are not very good.

I never said anything about all items ebay being crap. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Scoobydoo
09-29-2006, 03:45 PM
FWIW there is a difference between micro sd and mini sd, just thought i would throw that in to make sure you verify it is exactly what you need before you buy

just buy from newegg.com, a 512 sandisk micro sd is only $20 there and you know you will get great service

reneeb7363
09-29-2006, 03:55 PM
FWIW there is a difference between micro sd and mini sd, just thought i would throw that in to make sure you verify it is exactly what you need before you buy

just buy from newegg.com, a 512 sandisk micro sd is only $20 there and you know you will get great service

X2! - thats where I got mine (1GB) still workin'..... I use it in my MDA and my Rio MP3 player --- micros and minis should both come with the adaptors for regular sized SD card adaptors. (if you need or want to plug it into the card reader on your p/c or printer)
bump for newegg.com!!!