PDA

View Full Version : Remote unlock over a cellphone?

MegaHurtz
09-26-2006, 04:09 PM
My boss just asked me if I had ever heard about this or tried this, and I never have. It seems really interesting though, so if anybody has any comments, fire away. He said that he knew 2 people personally who tried this, so it does have some credibility.

The question he asked me was "have you ever tried remotely unlocking your doors over a cell phone?" Apparently, if you were to say lock your keys in your car at the mall (and had a spare keyfob at home), you could call home on your cell, and the person on the other end holds the fob up to the phone and presses unlock, and your doors unlock.

It seems far fetched to me, but if it works, I'd be really surprised.

bonesninja
09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
go to the mall....lock you keys inside then call me and tell me if the idea works

i'll come pick-up you up and take you home

not.

Beat_Dominator
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM
That totally works.

pwnt by pat
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
I tried it about two months ago when I first heard about it - it works. Well, it worked cell phone to cell phone, not land line to cell phone.

AcidicDreams
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
My boss just asked me if I had ever heard about this or tried this, and I never have. It seems really interesting though, so if anybody has any comments, fire away. He said that he knew 2 people personally who tried this, so it does have some credibility.

The question he asked me was "have you ever tried remotely unlocking your doors over a cell phone?" Apparently, if you were to say lock your keys in your car at the mall (and had a spare keyfob at home), you could call home on your cell, and the person on the other end holds the fob up to the phone and presses unlock, and your doors unlock.

It seems far fetched to me, but if it works, I'd be really surprised.

Seems like bullshit.... however holding it to your chin does work... right up under your chin. Give it a shot it works... I even tested it out on many different makes and models since I was bored working at a body shop... go figure

Of course if you have onstar you could just call them