PDA

View Full Version : doors locking from inside when alarm is triggered?

pimpedout97x
09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I know there is a way, a guy at my job has his done like that, he just can't remember the name of the guy that did it. What it does it when the alarm goes off, the doors won't open from the inside at all, you have to open it from the outside. I'm gonna have shaved handles pretty soon, so it would benifit me, because no one could open my door at all, and I don't think they will want to take any of my stuff out through the window...anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Shyne151
09-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me. if an alarm is going off... wouldn't you want them to not be able to open it from the outside?

Maybe if you can clarify a little better, I can tell you how to do it.

pimpedout97x
09-26-2006, 12:44 AM
well my door handles will be shaved on the outside, so the only way to get in is break the window and open from the inside, which i want to prevent so they cant open the door at all. the guy at my work, his stays locked on the outside like it should, but they also lock from the inside. his keyhole is disconnected too. so really the only way to get in his is to break the window and climb in also.

pimpedout97x
09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
anyone?

jrouter76
09-26-2006, 05:24 PM
well my door handles will be shaved on the outside, so the only way to get in is break the window and open from the inside, which i want to prevent so they cant open the door at all. the guy at my work, his stays locked on the outside like it should, but they also lock from the inside. his keyhole is disconnected too. so really the only way to get in his is to break the window and climb in also.
I can see the logic behind this but, disconecting the keyhole! what happens if something malfunctionon the alarm or it breaks with the doors locked, how do you get in..you can`t use your keysthe keyhole is disconected...not being rude or thread jacking just curious?

thatkidbob
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
^ you'd need to run some wires from the door popper solenoids back to the trunk or somewhere under the car, so that you could hit 'em with a battery to pop the doors even if the alarm malfunctions...

zthumper
09-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah i know a guy that has thing in his car...sorry no idea how he did it though.

RFCV
09-27-2006, 08:30 PM
What I did is remove the interior locking mechanism hardware, so if they do reach inside it is not easy to unlock.

I can still lock it inside, but have to move interior lever arm inside lock with tiny screwdriver.