PDA

View Full Version : Screw Alarms I want physical security.

fnzpntz
09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
I can have the most tricked out alaram, glass breakers and hide all the stuff and install 1000 pinzos. Still some way or another if some one wants my **** they will get it.

Whats thebest way to secure down amps and sub boxes. Like with bolts? how can i do it so it takes hours to take out. I know this sounds dumb. But if some one wants my **** they will get it.

Or am i better off getting an alarm for 300$ throwing another 5 more sirens and hoping they give up?

Whats the best physical security to keeping your stuff safe??

(besides LOCKING the doors, and not showboating)

zthumper
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Midgets in the trunk ftw?

fnzpntz
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
That at least made me smile.

lilmaniac2
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
they make specail bolts or screws that have a special head on them... dunno where to get them, but ther eout there

Blados
09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
You can screw your box down to the chassis or a flase floor and use security screws. On top of that, you can put 1000 mini piezos. That would make it pretty impossible to steal.

reneeb7363
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
creativity with the install-- ie: use carriage bolts to mount the amps to plates that mount to another surface, attach that with more carriage bolts from below (where the heads can be seen,) then the trick is using a trim plate or similiar design that conceals its true mounting location--that is where you would put the "security" screws.... Electrical shops have a lot of specialty bolts, etc you can use. A thief really wont work THAT hard to get to it if he cant just rip and tear it out. Sure, it takes more time to install, but that is time they will NOT spend to rip it off. As soon as I can afford all my f.b. parts/pieces I will take step by step pics and show you what I mean. I have been thinking baout this for a LONG TIME. I have already had tooo much crap stolen and it will NOT be so easy next time. Bastages!!!!

Eugenics
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
well, you have access to a welder dont you? The good ol' razor blades in the wiring harness trick is funny if nothing else.

fnzpntz
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks alot of helpfull ideas tho. Im thinking 2 kinds of security bolts and trunk/rear chasis bracketing in a false floor hiddin is the best. Maybe a simple alaram with alot of pinzos I have a good compustar but doesnt have glass sensors. Maybe ill just install a stupid ammount of pinzos and make it so to get the **** out youll almost have to set the alram off. I dunno also its not some shop job im having a private installer do it so it wont be run of the mill bs.

THANKS so far guys!

Megalomaniac
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
well, you have access to a welder dont you? The good ol' razor blades in the wiring harness trick is funny if nothing else.

you mean wrapit in barb wire
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/70/045_XL1077~Pamela-Anderson-Barb-Wire-Posters.jpg

Twistid
09-25-2006, 06:13 PM
i see ******* :D

zthumper
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM

i don't:crap:

Megalomaniac
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM

no you dont

talon2nr7588
09-25-2006, 06:18 PM
what the **** are piezos?

Z71999
I know a way no one will steal your ****! Get some sony subwoofers! no one will want that ****..

Megalomaniac
what the **** are piezos?

small sirens that are f!cking insanely highly pitched noise that make your ears bleed
http://www.stereoinstallparts.com/PICTURES/513T.JPG

theCybe
09-25-2006, 06:58 PM
* Suggestion I heard that I always thought was pretty neat;

Sure, you've got your box and amps all tied down; But what about the woofer? Use different headed screws to secure it to the box - an allen, a phillips, a torx - Worst case scenario they punch your woofer in instead of stealing it, but at least they leave feelin' like the shmuck they are.

Megalomaniac
09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
or make a bandpass enclosure, so they cant get to the woofer at all lol

fnzpntz
09-25-2006, 07:17 PM
I could put a special grill on it... if people cant get it and the mini piezos are going ape ****, im sure people will leave it alone.

corto
10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
i ran a bar attahced to the top of my trunk and comming out the bottom with a gun lock on it. pretty much impossible unless they wanted to bring some tanks and a torch. Mys well just steal the car. idea< world

azimuth
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
put a taser inside the door ran to the door handle. i'm not technically advanced to do so, but someone probably is. put a switch in underneath somewhere, some kind of mechanism to pull the trigger when the handle is lifted.

OneKrazyKeebler
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
put a taser inside the door ran to the door handle. i'm not technically advanced to do so, but someone probably is. put a switch in underneath somewhere, some kind of mechanism to pull the trigger when the handle is lifted.

:up2somet: I like :naughty:

Crzy
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
i dont have fold down rear seats so i secured my rear seat in to make sure i cant jst rip it out, then i made sure the only way to open my trunk is to unlock the chain after u pop it :D bolt cutters will be a must to get into my trunk. then i used some square head screws and allens on everything, it doesnt match but what theif carrys around a set of allens and square heads? :D

OneKrazyKeebler
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
heres physical security

http://www.stupidcollege.com/Animation/Big-Black-Guy-Named-Ben.swf

Hell Yeah, Im calling right now.

Railrocker
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
That is some funny **** right there.

Megalomaniac
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
there is a security system in Columbia or something, since a lot of car jackin happens there also, there flame throwers on the side of the car, so it ignites when you press a button.(but its only for car jacking,not car thiefs,you have to be inside the car to do it)
http://gettingit.com/art/scope/technophilia990920_art2.gif

Ruffy
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
want to **** someone off?

Use allen and security bolts everywhere. Use a good grade that way you cant just drill them off. Alternate where you use them. IE if the amp is held down by 4 bolts, use 2 different bolt types on it.

Get some steel security cable. It can be cut with the right tool but if you hide it well it would be a major ***** (crimp on a loop or get cable with a loop in it already, bolt that to the amp, use loctite, epoxy, weld it, whatever it takes. Do this to the sub box also. use a short run of cable and hide it behind carpet. That way even if they manage to unbolt the amp the amps/box wont move far.

Backup alarms are a must. If by some magic they disable your primary alarm you should have at least 1 BACKUP alarm. In reality the more the better. How about 10 piezo sirens going off all in the trunk? Hide them well, make them impossible to get to. I've seen someone encase a siren in epoxy on the sidewall of his trunk. Looked like a big mess under the carpet but you could not get them up easily. Good luck shutting them up. The only way to kill them was to pull off all the carpet and alot of trims, remove his rear seats and more trim, till you finally got to where the control modules and batteries were hidden, also in epoxy. He had a keylock kill switch there.

Weld a steel frame that cant be removed without cutting or removing heavy gauge locks. For added benefit encase things in an plexiglass case attached to the inside of the steel frame. Good luck removing or GETTING to anything when its behind 1/2" to 1" plexiglass and locked up tight.

BTW. Tasers, Electrifying your car, Razors, Anything that can cause real physical harm is illegal. It's considered boobytrapping and that's very illegal.

By the time I'm done with my system it's going to be heavily fortified. The most they'll be able to do is smash my carpc's touchscreen up front, or wreck the front components. That is If they manage to get into my car. I already have Piezo's hidden throughout various parts of my car. Once I get to installing my alarm I'll be adding backup circuits.

937DYTBOI
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I can have the most tricked out alaram, glass breakers and hide all the stuff and install 1000 pinzos. Still some way or another if some one wants my **** they will get it.

Whats thebest way to secure down amps and sub boxes. Like with bolts? how can i do it so it takes hours to take out. I know this sounds dumb. But if some one wants my **** they will get it.

Or am i better off getting an alarm for 300$ throwing another 5 more sirens and hoping they give up?

Whats the best physical security to keeping your stuff safe??

(besides LOCKING the doors, and not showboating)

Well u know thats jus the risk we run when buying these things for our cars, i believe the best way for a sub box is just to bolt the box down to a false floor by bolting the box through inside the speaker chambers, for amps i would hide razor blades on the amp so when they go to grab them they would slice their hands up

azimuth
10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
i have the viper 2-way pager, but i wish they would come up with an alarm that would call your phone. the pager doesn't wake me up at 3 am.

noob with an RS
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
how about custom-fabricating an all stainless steel enclosure by welding it onto the cars chassis. and then welding the subwoofer into the enclosure that is welded onto the car. then weld speaker wire to the terminals. or if u want to be absolutely fool-proof, run stainless steel from each terminal but make sure you have insulation around this steel. you can also take the PCB out of your amp and weld it somewhere underneath your car. for the head unit you can take some sheet metal and weld it onto the head units chassis. then weld the solid piece onto the cars chassis. and instead of using an alarm, you can weld your door handle shut so no one can open your door even if they bypass your alarm somehow. you can also weld one of those old-school U-locks you use to use for your mountain bike onto the steering wheel so that when thieves look in they say eww this car is not worth stealing.

azimuth
10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
you could just buy a panzar tank and park at the police station and walk home

Eugenics
10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
what if i held you, would you feel secure?

937DYTBOI
10-02-2006, 05:06 PM
i have the viper 2-way pager, but i wish they would come up with an alarm that would call your phone. the pager doesn't wake me up at 3 am.

yea i wished hey worked off a satelitte or something so you can get signals from anywhere in the world, now that would be great. Like it could work like on a frequency of a cell phone or so

azimuth
10-02-2006, 05:08 PM
onstar should hook people up with the phone call option. maybe they do, i don't know, don't have it.

Russkels55
10-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHAW8kb5vA) and see the best one on the market :laugh:

azimuth
10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
i need to get me a monkey!!!!

JohnnyChuttz
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHAW8kb5vA) and see the best one on the market :laugh:

Beat me to it

Megalomaniac
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
i need to get me a monkey!!!!

smoke monkey bones, you'll trip out:laugh:

phaze23lbc
10-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Check this out guys:

http://www.alerttrac.com/alerttrac/about.asp?

I had an Alerttrac GPS system linked to my Python 2 way pager alarm (custom installed by friend, nothing installed in the average places, even the sirens were all hidden in fenders, under car, and deep in the dash) and yes, I had my car broken into, but I got a call from my security system saying somebody was tampering with my car. I almost got whoever broke into my car at the mall, but I'm not exactly a track star athlete. They smashed my window, tried looking for a way to turn off my alarm, they cut the battery cable under the hood, but didn't find my second or third batteries. all they got were my headrest TV's and my book of CD's. My amps, subs, HU, and processors were all too much for him to get in the little time he had. That day I forgot to take off my HU face, and he couldn't even figure out how to take it off.... hahaha!

Oh yeah, btw, the Alerttrac system works like this: You have a 2 way paging alarm system, the alarm goes off, they can kill (cut wires / disconnect battery to car alarm) you alarm, but there is a back up battery for the GPS system, so the system can be setup with 3 contacts #'s, email addresses, fax numbers...any combination. I had mine to call me first, my gf second, then call me again. So alarm goes off, in about 30 - 40 seconds, you get a call from the moment your alarm goes off. you can also set up an "electronic fence / perimeter" for your vehicle... like if you have to leave your car at your brothers house while you go on vacation, and you tell him not to drive it, if he moves the vehicle, you get a phone call, so you can tell him "WTF man!". you can also set up a "speed regulator", so if your kid / gf borrows your car and they go above 75mph, you get a call. you can also unlock you power door locks (pretty cool idea, takes about 45 seconds to unlock) from the alerttrac system. I also had remote window roll down funtion from the alarm system, and when I was at a show, if somebody stuck their head in while the alarm was on and windows down, alarm would go off, you'd get a call, and you can roll up the windows from your alarm remote. And the best one, if you get car jacked, and you can get to a phone, call up alerttrac, and disable your ignition system.... then run like hell and beat the hell out the car jacker while he tries to figure out why the car stalled. hahaha!

I just got rid of the my Scion xB in April...:crap: , never should've gotten rid of it....

SATX210
10-03-2006, 07:51 AM
yes sir! good system. i have the Directed GPS on my mustang and my truck.

azimuth
10-03-2006, 12:32 PM
looks sweet. totally worth the money if a person can afford it. especially if you live in one of the prime vehicle theft areas like az. or ca. car theft is a huge problem in tuscon az where i used to live. coulda used it.

phaze23lbc
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah, btw, monthly payments for service range from $8 - $16 I believe, depending on how many times you want to "check up" on your vehicle. I paid $650 for the unit, definetly worth buying for peace of mind.

THUNDERBIRD
10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
small sirens that are f!cking insanely highly pitched noise that make your ears bleed
http://www.stereoinstallparts.com/PICTURES/513T.JPG

i have 2 of them and they arent that loud only 120db

Megalomaniac
10-03-2006, 07:30 PM
i have 2 of them and they arent that loud only 120db

your Type R's have made you deaf:)